Chapter - 72

A new day

A new day. A new morning. I woke up as usual. I opened my eyes to the realisation that I completed thirty years on this planet. My first birthday after the kidnapping. I sat up and stretched my arms. I closed my eyes and recalled the birthdays I celebrated with my family.

My first birthday after marriage was an unforgettable one. Harshad and I went to a cafe. Its interior looked like a library. The cafe attracted young couples coz they could spend some time with their favourite books and a cup of beverage. We left Ishaani with Masi and stayed there for a long time.

Harshad talked about the books and authors in his favourite list. He is a fan of Agatha Christie, Ruskin Bond, Colleen Hoover, John Green and Khaled Hossaini. I got so lost in his talks about the characters he liked while reading a novel. I wasn't a reader like him but he created an interest in me to read a few of his favourite novels. We left the cafe after purchasing them.

At present, I missed him terribly. He would be the first one to wish me followed by others. Ishaani would gift me a birthday card made by her, Masi will take me to the temple and cook my favourite food. If Rohit is present, then he will make me laugh the whole day. And last the wishes from my family, friends and colleagues.

A smile crept on my face remembering all this. Now I am trapped in this hell. Nobody is aware of this day here. But I doubt that Leonardo will remember. After all he is obsessed with me. I sauntered towards the kitchen. Mia saw me and engulfed me.

"Happy birthday Nandita!" She wished. I smiled and mumbled a thank you.

She turned towards the counter and bought a bowl. She made my favourite pudding. I was so happy to see her love for me. Even after six years, she didn't forget about this day.

"I made this for you. Only for you."

"Thank you, Mia. I am glad that you are the first one to wish me." I said taking the bowl. I tasted the pudding and as expected it was good. "It's really good. There is nothing you missed. Perfect!"

Her lips curved into a smile. She then excused herself coz she has some work to be completed before breakfast. I ambled towards my room. When I was about to enter my room, the opposite door slowly opened revealing my kidnapper.

"Hey Nannu. Many Many Happy Returns of the Day amore." He said.

"Thank you for the wish, Mr Leonardo Martinelli. And stop calling me Nannu." I said sternly. He got a little closer to me.

"Amore stop your stubbornness. This attitude doesn't suit you at all. My wish is genuine. I want you to be happy. And we should celebrate this day."

"No need. I don't want a birthday celebration with you. You are nothing to me. Just a devil. So I request you to forget about it."

He chuckled. "Today is your birthday. You are going to be my wife very soon. So I will celebrate this day. Whether you like it or not."