Chapter - 18

"Ok, Nannu you are gonna do it! Yes

"Ok, Nannu you are gonna do it! Yes...and don't try to be nervous. Be bold and look at his eyes and speak. You are gonna do it." I motivated myself looking at my reflection in the mirror. I took a deep breath and grabbed my purse and stepped out of my apartment.

I felt like it was one of the toughest day of my life. I never thought that I will face this situation. That someone will love me even after knowing who I am.

When I came down, I saw Leonardo and sauntered towards him. He noticed me and smiled.

“Let's go..." I said. He nodded and we walked towards the place where we met one week before. My heartbeat was increasing each second. My throat felt dry. I was tensed even though I am damn sure about my answer.

We occupied the same place like before. Only two customers were present other than us. The atmosphere felt calmer and gave me the vibe to tell him what's in my mind.

“What would like to have sir?" The waiter asked looking at Leonardo. He glanced at me and I ordered coffee for us.

“Okay, Leo. I am here to say it. I thought a lot and now I know I am doing the right thing." I paused and he sat with a hopeful look on his face.

“Well, I am happy to meet you in my life. You are a good person and was there for me when I fought with my sorrows. You are the only one who said that my decision to leave my family was right. And thank you for that."

“It's fine Nandita. Friends should understand each other right?"

“Yeah, you are right. But now I want to end our friendship."

“Wait, WHAT?" He stared at me dumbstruck. I gulped down the saliva.

“Yes, and I am serious. We can't move on with this friendship. We should stop everything here."

“What are talking about Nandita? End our friendship? No! Not at all possible!"

“We have to do it. It's not good to continue this friendship 'cause now I consider you more than that. Not as my friend."

“Then?" He still had the same expression.

“As my love..." I didn't say anything more. I stared at him and could make out that he understood what I meant. I pleasant smile crept on his face. He immediately squeezed my hands.

“Really? Is it true?"

“Yes, Leonardo. I love you!" Finally, I proposed to him. Now I am committed.

“You know what I am so happy to hear this at last. I know you will accept me and be my love." He said and I smiled.

“I like your personality, Leo. As I said before, you are always there for me. So I thought to make it for eternity."