Chapter - 28

"Pappa!" I was completely shocked

"Pappa!" I was completely shocked. My eyes widened as if they will come out of the socket at any moment. My heartbeat increased.

"Nannu calm down." Mummy rubbed the back of my hand.

"I thought of it two days before. Trust me it's my opinion only. Your mother and brothers have nothing to do with it. They are ready to support you."

"But Pappa I haven't fully forgotten my past. It's hard but I tell myself that I should stop fearing and move on. I want to live peacefully for some more days. Till that time I want to stay with you all and get back to my normal life. But marriage? How will it ensure my safety?"

"Beta I can understand your situation. You have been in a relationship and that too a serious one in your life. Some of the happenings in your past can't be erased from your mind. But we should move on. I am happy to see you getting back to the old Nandita who loved to enjoy every moment of her life. But staying with us forever will land you in trouble again. That Leonardo can easily find this house and trap you. If you get married to a person not from here, he won't be able to track you."

I sighed and glanced at the others. My brothers came and kneeled in front of me. They held my hands and mumbled.

"Look Nannu we don't think it will be easy for you to accept another person in your life. You need time. So think properly. Mummy and Pappa won't force you like before. It's your life, your decision and we three will be on your side. If you want to stay with us forever, we will protect you."

Abhinav bhaiya's words brought some peace to my mind. I glanced at my parents. They both hugged me and my eyes started to well up. Nakul bhaiya caressed my face and gestured me not to cry. We stayed like that for a couple of seconds forgetting everything. If this would have happened five years ago, then I wouldn't have met Leonardo. But I can't change my fate.

*****

"So what did you decide?" Anirudh asked.

"I haven't decided yet. I am in a dilemma."

"Nandita you have to decide. I mean your family is ready to support you. Then why are you delaying?"

"It's not that easy to make a decision Indu. On one side my parents want me to move on and leave this state to stay away from Leonardo. He will indeed track me down easily but if I move to another place after marriage then his attempts won't be successful at first. But on the other hand, I still fear him. I don't know why there is no trace about him. And I am happy with that. I don't want to suffer a miserable life with him. And I can't land my family in trouble." I felt like crying that instant. Indu came and engulfed me.

"It's okay. Just cry if it helps you to reduce your pain. You will be okay." I tightly hugged her and sobbed. Anirudh looked at me with a sad face. He must be feeling sad seeing me like this. Both of them knows how to handle me in my sad state.