Chapter - 54

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" We screamed at the sleeping Ishaani

She rubbed her eyes and glanced at the four of us and her beautiful smile appeared on her lips. She got up and came to embrace us. We showered her with kisses.

“So I am six years old." She mumbled receiving a nod from Nandita.

“Dadi has made your favourite dish. Go and brush your teeth and get ready. Okay?" Masi said caressing her chin.

“Ok, Dadi. I love you." She hugged her again.

“Ok, Isha come." Nandita took her to the bathroom while Masi and Rohit left the room. I stood there glancing at her teddy bear which was her 5th birthday gift from us. And this time, I and Nandita had planned to surprise her with another one that she will know soon.

We gathered for breakfast and today's was prepared by Masi. She didn't even allow Nandita to help her. Ishaani was happy when her favourite food was served and thanked Masi.

“Isha we have a special gift for you. But it will be revealed in the evening. Okay?"

“Okay, Mumma. I am delighted to know what it is." She replied.

I smiled seeing her happy face which will become happier when she gets to know about the gift. I know she is gonna jump out of excitement. She will be thrilled.

*****

Nandita took half day leave to check on the decorations. Even I too arrived in the afternoon. Rohit and Masi checked on the arrangements before we came. And Rohit will be heading to the airport to receive Nandita's family.

As expected their flight landed on time and Rohit came with them. After I welcomed my in-laws and Nandita's friends, I took my leave to pick up Ishaani back from school. When we came back she happily screamed seeing Rakhi and they tightly hugged. Then she greeted her grandparents and uncles who presented her with fantastic gifts and she liked each.

Nandita went to show them rooms and Ishaani headed towards her room to take a bath. When she got inside the bathroom, I and Nandita placed the dress she will be wearing for the party.

“I am sure she will look ravishing in this. Because she is your little version and you are the best at selecting dresses for her."

“Thank you for the compliment Harshad. And let's go now. Our guests will arrive soon."

“Yeah. Let's go." We went to our room and I got ready and went down to welcome the guests.