Chapter - 55

Yes

Yes. It was her. My amore. My Nandita. I blinked my eyes to make sure that I wasn't dreaming. And there she is standing. Her gaze at me. My heart fluttered against my chest. I had the urge to go and embrace her then and there. How much I missed my lady.

"Leo that's Nandita right?" Roberto asked.

"Yes. Finally, my amore is here. In front of me." I mumbled still not taking my eyes off her.

She is looking damn gorgeous!

"Hey everyone here is the star of this night. My beautiful niece Ishaani Ahuja. I know some of you have seen her and these two do not need any introduction." The young man said pointing towards Nandita and that man beside the girl.

"What is she doing here Leo? Are they both related to her?" Roberto questioned. Before I could reply, the man spoke up.

"So let's get the party started by the cake cutting."

The girl walked towards the table on which the cake was kept. Nandita walked along with her. I felt bad when she shifted her gaze from me. The girl stared at the man and then at Nandita before she took hold of the knife.

"Happy Birthday to you..." Suddenly the birthday song started to play in the background and I heard the people clapping while the girl cut the cake.

She took one piece and turned towards the man who took one bite of it and then she faced Nandita who did the same. Later she received gifts from the young man and from a lady who looked old.

A lady came forward and took the cake to cut into pieces. That instant a manly voice grabbed the attention of everyone. "Thank you very much for coming and joining us to celebrate my daughter's birthday. The celebration is not yet over but I want to express my gratitude to all of you now. My daughter Ishaani turned six today. And every day she makes us smile and be joyful."

He then took hold of Nandita's hand which pissed me. And he continued.

"I and my wife Nandita had an arranged marriage and our happiness had no boundaries when we came to know that we are going to become Pappa and Mumma from Mr and Mrs. And we wished to have a girl and God granted our wish by giving us a cute and naughty daughter."

Wait, what? Nandita is his wife? No way. This is not possible. I can't believe this. I stood there shocked at this new revelation. My amore. She belongs to him. No. Not at all.

"But each day of her life she made us more responsible towards her and her happiness, laughs, sadness, mischiefs everything became part of our life and we are immensely happy to have her in our life. And Ishaani Pappa and Mumma love you a lot." He side hugged Nandita which boiled my anger and then his daughter joined them to share a hug.

I can't see this anymore. My love having a family and she is happy with it. No. No way! I tried hard to make myself believe that the scene in front of me is not true. But yeah I was wrong.