Chapter - 31

My parents were surprised to know that Harshad asked me to meet him the next day

My parents were surprised to know that Harshad asked me to meet him the next day. Mummy and Pappa encouraged me to speak to him. But I didn't feel nervous like I felt when I heard him through the phone. He doesn't seem to be a tough person. I think so. By evening he shared with me the location of the place and time. He will be staying at a hotel and he asked me to come there.

"Did he send you the location?" asked Pappa.

"Yes... Hotel Deja Vu. Time 10 am."

"So you can go after breakfast. Will you join him for lunch?" Mummy enquired.

"I don't know mummy. I will tell you later."

"Okay beta. Sleep well. Good night." She said and I ambled towards my room.

*****

"Hello, Nandita just ring me when you reach the lobby. I will come. Okay?"

"Okay Harshad," I said and hung up the call. I asked my driver to drive a little faster because I don't want to be late.

I texted Ani and Indu that I am heading to meet him. They wished me good luck and I sighed and told myself to calm down. I was determined to speak up my past to him without any hesitation. He should know who was Nandita. There wasn't much traffic so I could reach my destination soon. I told my driver to stay around. Then I walked inside and studied the interior of the hotel. I haven't been here but Nakul bhaiya said that majority of business conferences and award functions are conducted here.

I called Harshad. After three rings he answered. "Hi, Nandita you reached?"

"Yeah."

"I will come now."

I waited for him and saw the lift door opening and Harshad stepped out of it. I got up and his gaze fell on me. With a smile, I approached him.

"Hi, Nandita." We shook hands.

"Hi, Harshad."

"Have you been here before." I asked him.

"Only one time. For an award function. But that was few years ago."

"I see..."

"We can go to the restaurant on the backside. And there is a lawn where people can sit and have leisure time. So I think it's a comfort zone for us."

"Yeah. Let's go there." He nodded and we walked towards the restaurant.

"Do you feel like having something now?"