Chapter - 85

Power

Power. A word that screams authority. A word that can be used and misused by many. And we the Martinelli Mafia family have power all over Italy. Nobody has dared to harm us because of the power we hold. Not even the government. They say we are illegal and we have no right to be experiencing the power we have. They have tried to take down my ancestors in many ways but none of them succeeded. Later when years passed by some of the government officials came to us to fulfill their needs either for money or for justice which the government will take years to fulfill.

So at present even though some officials make ways to destroy us, we do have people among them who will somehow help us overpower them. So it's us who rule Italy now. Everything is under our control except the Macini family.

They are the ones who have been trying their level best to take us down other than the government. The rivalry between us began decades ago and still nothing changed. There was war, and bloodshed, and is continuing. Both of us have lost many lives but they haven't succeeded in overpowering us. So they have kept it as their only aim in life which is to destroy us.

The Macini family leaves no chance to backstab us. We have been warned about their attack on us by my men. So it was not an issue for us to fight against them every time. We were prepared every time a war broke out.

So we are preparing for a terrible war this time. We are going to give justice to Alessandra. And there is no guarantee that we will keep anyone from the Macini family alive. Even the women in that family are worse than one could imagine. That's why they don't know how to respect another woman. So there is no point in keeping them alive too.

I was lost in thoughts of my sister that I didn't hear when Salvatore put forth a suggestion towards me. I cleared my throat and glanced up at him. "What did you say?"

"Do you think we need to meet them up for a peace treaty before starting this war?"

I scoffed. "Are you for real Salvatore? After all these things, do you want to have a peace treaty with the people who took Alessa's life? Seriously?"

I leaned back on the chair shifting my gaze towards the window. How can he ask such a question? Is he that stupid?

"I asked you because this is not a usual war Leo. We are going to destroy every trace of them from the world. So more bloodshed will be there."

"That's what I want brother. I like to see a pool of blood in every corner of their mansion. They deserve nothing but a painful death."

"Let's see whether the shipments get canceled or not. They are working hard on it. Negotiation is not easy as we thought. Macinis' illegal trades are way worse than we thought. No wonder why they still prosper." Dad said.

"I couldn't agree more. They are not more powerful than us but they are the second powerful ones." My uncle supported my father's statement.

"This will end soon Dad. I have promised my sister's soul that justice will be served to her."

"We will Leo. Our Alessa will get justice for sure." Roberto mumbled patting my shoulder.

"We need to tighten the security of the rest of the people here." Suddenly Salvatore said.

"That I have taken care of," I replied.

"I am not only talking about Nandita, Leo. You will make sure she is safe because you care for her more than anything. But your mother, aunt---"

"They are also important to me. I lost my sister. I can't lose them also."

"I warned you at the beginning to get rid of Nandita. She is a distraction in your life son. How many times I have mentioned the same thing? You loved her before. That I won't deny but the love you have towards her now is just a distraction. Nothing else. The sooner you realize, the better."

"ENOUGH!" I screamed at the top of my voice while slamming on the table. Roberto immediately stood up and came to my side.

"Leo calm down. Dad was telling what he felt like. Why are you so bothered?"

"If somebody points a finger toward my love, I will react. I love her wholeheartedly. My feelings are true. They are genuine. I put every effort to make her understand that but Nandita didn't understand me a bit. I may tolerate her behavior or not trusting my feelings but you guys have no right to question me in that."

"Leo relax. You don't mind what he said. He is a father who lost his daughter." Uncle said trying to console me.

"I too faced a loss uncle. I lost my sister who was a precious human to me. But in the name of grief, one shouldn't blame another person." I said glaring at my father.

"No Leo. Nobody won't blame Nandita. Let's focus on the matter of our concern. About the war."

I sat back and tried to calm down myself. There wasn't any need to bring her up during the conversation. She is as usual trying not to interfere in any of the family matters. But my dad won't get peace if he doesn't blame her. Nandita is not my distraction which he hasn't understood at all. When my anger got reduced, I joined them to move on with the discussion.

After everyone left the conference room, I stayed back to have some time alone. I am somewhat trying to be alone most of the time after Alessa's death. I don't want to disturb Nandita either. Let her have her own time. I need to kill the Macinis before I can concentrate on her. I need to value her privacy now. She is also grieving my sister's death.

But that moment a thought came into my mind. I wanted to tell her one thing which will make her happy. And I never imagined I would be thinking about it right now. So without wasting a moment, I sauntered towards her room. She opened the door after two knocks.

"Leo?"

"Nannu I am permitting you to do one thing today."

"What are you saying?" She frowned.

"You can go to the basement and meet Mr Ahuja and your brothers."

Shock and surprise were visible on her face as her eyes widened at what she heard. She tried to speak properly but stammered.

"Are... you... sure? Can I... meet them?"

"Yes. Spend some time with them."

She didn't wait for a second. She immediately stepped out of the room and ran towards her destination. A smile of satisfaction crept to my face. It was because she is happy now.

*****

Hey guys

☞How was the chapter?

☞What do you think about the sudden change in Leonardo?

☞Is this for good or bad?