Chapter-12|The Beginning of a Mishap

This girl is going to kill me one of these days

Iris Reed has successfully embedded herself in my mind without even me noticing. When I saw a girl in a red dress on the dance floor two months ago, I never thought I would have random lunches with her or just sit with her in the library while she is working. I don't do all these cute mushy things, but somehow, Iris Reed is making me do these before I can even think about what I am doing.

She sure knows how to keep me hooked. Well, that's a lie because even if she just sat in a corner doing nothing, I'd still be gravitating towards her.

"Hey man!" Mason called from the kitchen as soon as I entered the house.

Walking towards the kitchen, I pointedly ignored the chaos in the living room. Source: Noah Reed and Grayson McGowen.

"You can't take my fucking controller away. It's called cheating, you asshole!" Gray accused Noah, glaring at him.

"It's called fucking strategy, you loser!" Noah retaliated with a smirk.

"Come on Knight, back me up." Gray looked up at me, throwing his hands in the air, fed up with Noah's antics.

These two always piss the other off, but I've definitely come to notice a pattern. When one of them is in trouble, they are both in trouble. They always end up doing stupid shit and fucking up together.

I remember a few weeks back; they needed money to buy a new Xbox because they smashed the last one. Grayson and Noah both are fucking loaded, but what better way to earn money than organize a car wash and end up doing a strip show?

Needless to say, the coach was fucking pissed.

"Oh, leave your dad alone. He just had a library date with his crush!" Aiden said with a smirk on his face. He was sitting beside Mason, high-fiving him.

How the hell did he even- oh shit. I suddenly remember clicking a picture of Iris when she wasn't looking and being the smart person I am, I even posted it on my story with an emoji combination of books and a white heart. Her face wasn't really visible in the picture, but if you know Iris and me, you'll instantly know it's her.

"It wasn't a date." I said in a monotone.

"Oh yeah! They were just studying." Noah said air quoting studying.

"Fuck! Did she complete the assignment?" Grayson asked.

"Yeah, she did." I almost forgot that Gray and Iris actually attend the same psychology class.

"Oh fuck! God bless her soul! I totally forgot about the assignment." He said, scrambling off the couch in a hurry.

"Hey! I was the one who posted the story." I pointed out.

"Yeah, but you wouldn't have if you weren't so whipped. So, indirectly...." And then he disappeared into his room.

"He makes sense," Noah commented.