Chapter-28|Interventions

As I stepped foot on the trimmed green grass of the field, I instantly saw Dani sitting on the bleachers, but what surprised me was that she wasn't alone

As I stepped foot on the trimmed green grass of the field, I instantly saw Dani sitting on the bleachers, but what surprised me was that she wasn't alone. She was sitting with Noah and Grayson, all three of them looking like they are having an incredibly serious discussion.

Walking closer to them, I called out to Dani, "Hey."

Hearing my voice, their necks snapped up to me, making me wave slightly. I came to a stop at the end of the bleachers, making them step down to stand beside me. Noah and Gray were in their practice gear, making it clear they have to go to the practice in fifteen minutes precisely or the coach would have their ass.

"What's up?" I asked, raising my brows. I would attempt to look more interested and curious, but I'm not. Everything that happened earlier was already bothering me.

"We need to talk." Danis said, with a serious look on her face.

"Okay?" I said, unsure where this was leading.

"This is an intervention." Noah said, for once looking serious in his life.

"Well, in that case, I'm out of here." I said, twisting around, but then someone grabbed my elbow and pulled me back.

"You're not going anywhere." Pushing me down to sit on the bleacher, they formed a semicircle around me, making sure I don't have a direct exit. I could very well climb higher on the bleachers, but I really don't think I'll be able to outrun two athletes, especially on my off day.

"What is it?" I asked, sighing. The faster they are done with their intervention, the faster I can go back to my bed and sleep and forget all this happened.

"What's up with you and Ethan?" Dani asked, making it clear we are not beating around the bush here.

"There is nothing up with me or Ethan." I said, looking at the girls running track behind them.

"Look me in the eye, Iris." Dani said, and I begrudgingly moved my eyes back to her.

"Nothing is happening and whatever happened to 'talk to us when you're ready'?" I asked her with a raised eyebrow.

"That was when Knight and you weren't acting like kicked puppies." Grayson said, looking at me with a sad expression on his face, making me look away.

"Nothing is up, guys. Can I go now?" I said, huffing.

"Well, then why haven't you two even looked at each other since the anniversary dinner? You guys aren't even stuck to your phone texting each other day and night." Noah said, folding his arms.

"We're grownups. We don't need to talk every day to maintain a friendship." I said, defending myself.

"Hold up! What friendship? Last time I checked, you were maintaining an undisclosed relationship." Gray said.

"We were never in a relationship." I said, practically throwing each word at them before I sighed, knowing it wasn't their fault and all they want to do is help us.