Chapter-53|All Of Me

"Not to ruin your surprise, but can you please tell me where are we, exactly?" I ask as our car drives away and we stand in front of a tall glass building screaming corporate hell

"Not to ruin your surprise, but can you please tell me where are we, exactly?" I ask as our car drives away and we stand in front of a tall glass building screaming corporate hell. It seems completely deserted, considering it's well past one at night.

He looks down at me with a smile on his face and grabs my hand between his. "Yesterday you showed me the New York you grew up in. So, I thought I could show you the New York I visited."

"You visited a building?" I quizzed.

"Well, yes, and no." He said, chuckling. "You'll figure it out."

When we reach the massive front glass door, I notice the security guard standing there, who starts smiling as soon as his eyes fall on us.

"How's it going, Henry?" Ethan asks the security guard who I know as Henry.

"You know, nothing to complain about." Henry smiles at him. He's a middle-aged man who's radiating happiness from his eyes if that ever was possible. "Here are the keys you asked for and we arranged everything just like you wanted it. Mrs. Carter asked me to wish you a good evening."

"Thank you so much, Henry," Ethan says, taking the keys from him and walking towards the door that Henry pulls open for us. "The driver will be back here in a while with some stuff I got for the kids. You can't say no."

Henry looks at Ethan with a knowing smile on his face and ends up shaking his head as if he knew arguing wouldn't result in anything. "You didn't have to."

Ethan pulls me along with him as we enter the building. "I know. Tell them I said hi."

I'm still looking at Ethan with surprise on my face when we enter the elevator. I would've expected the building to be completely dark, but to my wonder, some of the hall lights were still on.

As the metal door of the elevator close, I watch Ethan press the button for the top floor. I completely turn to face him and raise my eyebrows in question, "Now you really gotta tell me what's going on?"

He looks down at me and smiles gleefully before wrapping his arm around my waist and tugging me closer. "Just a few more minutes."

"I swear to god if you just brought me here to push me off the top, I'll kill you." I say, jokingly.

"Now, why would I do that?" He asks with a smile still intact on his face.

"Just because." I smile back.

While we are staring into each other's eyes with smiles on our faces, none of us realizes that we've reached the top floor. It's only when the elevator doors ding open that we look away.

Grabbing my hand again, he pulls me out and towards the emergency exit door, which leads to the stairs. "Come on."

"What are we even doing?" We climb up a flight of stairs as we reach the very top of the building. Ethan uses the key Henry gave him to open the only metal door up here, which leads to the rooftop.