Chapter-36|You>Distance

20th September'2020

20th September'2020

My phone dings, making me put my coffee on the center table. Picking up the phone, I lean back against the couch, still in Ethan's hoodie.

After we dropped Ethan and Riley at the airport, Dani and I returned to our apartment, where she dragged me to her room and made me tell her every detail of our night together. The excitement and happiness on Dani's face were almost palpable.

After we gushed about it for a while, we finally returned to our schedule. She went to the basketball house to meet Mason, and I caught up on the work I was supposed to do last night. Only fifteen minutes ago, I decided to take a break.

Unlocking my phone, I click on the newly arrived message.

Ethan:

Just reached home. I already miss you. x

Me:

I miss you more. x

I am about to keep the phone back on the table, not expecting a reply. He must be busy with all the chaos going on in the house. That's why surprise overtakes me when I see three dots dancing on my screen.

Ethan:

Heading to the hospital. Liam hasn't the hospital since the accident.

His message pulls the strings of my heart, making me sad. For a moment, I contemplate what to reply to before I type.

Me:

I know it's hard, but I also know you can do this. It's gonna be fine.

I press the send button, hoping my message brings him hope.

Ethan:

God, I miss you so much. I wish I could hug you right now.

Reading his message, I feel my lips pull into a smile.

Me:

Trust me, I want nothing more than to hug you right now.

Super soon.

Ethan:

Super soon. x

I gotta go, now. Dad's waiting. I'll call you tonight.

Me:

Okay. x

I press send and lock my phone before sighing. It's not even been twenty-four hours and I already miss him like hell. I have no idea how to go by the next few days.