Parting Note

What a ride! I'm feeling so emotional, but in the best way possible

I posted the first-ever part of this book at the beginning of 2021 and it's been more than two years since then. I've finally completed it, which in itself is a bittersweet feeling. I'm so happy that Ethan & Iris got their happy ending, but I'm sad that I won't get to write about them anymore. 

This book, for me, has always been more about Iris and her growth as a person. From a girl who doesn't trust love and runs in the opposite direction whenever she feels something strongly, my girl came a long way. 

Now that the book is completed, I'll let you in on a secret. A huge part of this story was borrowed from my own personal life. Feel free to do the guesswork.

This book was a coping mechanism for me. When I started writing, I was going through a lot of things. I was emotionally and mentally drained. Writing this book became my outlet and soon turned into something I loved doing. So, now that I see it come to fruition, I feel extremely happy.

Most importantly, I'd like to thank every single one of you who read, voted, and commented on this book because it was due to your relentless love for this story that I felt motivated enough to complete it. It wasn't just my story but yours too. Thank you for accepting my characters and me. 

There will be some bonus chapters coming out soon, but there'll be no sequel. I don't think there's anything much left of their story that needs to be told. 

With that, I really hope we all get our Ethan Knight and remember to settle for nothing less. 

OVERCOMING:

Start On: Feb 20, 2021

Completed On: May 3, 2023