Chapter-46|Fucking Lily

"Lily

"Lily." I call out, loudly.

First Brooke and now, Lily.

What is it? Rekindle Ethan with his possible love flames weekend?

She steps over and stands beside Ethan before she turns around. Her face is exactly how I remember it. Utterly beautiful, but the frown on her face when she notices me is more than clear. I smile sweetly at her when our eyes connect.

She covers up the frown on her face with a soft smile before sweeping her eyes over me, "Iris, was it?"

Even though her words sound like a guess, the subtle smirk on her face says otherwise. She fucking remembers me.

"Yes." With a tight smile on my face and a flick of my eyes at Ethan, I continue, "Yes, it is. I didn't know you were coming."

"Well, of course, I was coming." She laughs a little as if the thought of her not attending this wedding is hilarious. "I couldn't miss a chance to see Ethan here, could I?" She lightly caresses his arm and I simply watch her make my boyfriend extremely uncomfortable.

"Of course, you couldn't." Ethan grumbles, shifting slightly away from her.

She decides to ignore his comment and instead leans toward him, making me narrow my eyes. "You know, I was really considering skipping this wedding because I had this trip to Paris, but then your sad puppy face flashed before my eyes." I instantly cringe. What the fuck is a sad puppy face?

Unable to listen to her rant about her love for Ethan, I order another glass of wine before downing the one I already had in my hand.

"Though I'm so glad that I made that decision and came." She smiles up at Ethan.

I raise my newly filled wine glass towards her, "Well, that makes one of us."

She looks at me again when she hears me, "Why?" her brows furrow, "Aren't you happy to see me, Iris?"

Shrugging, "I don't know you enough to be affected by your presence or absence, my love." At this point, I'm just so done playing nice to someone who obviously doesn't understand boundaries. Even if Ethan wasn't my boyfriend, I'd still be pissed at her for being so close to a guy who is obviously very uncomfortable with her constant... touching.

"Honestly, it's fine." She fakes a sweet smile at me before leaning her head on Ethan's shoulder. "I'm sure Ethan is happy to see me, aren't you honey boo?"

Widening his eyes in horror, Ethan starts, "Actually-" but unfortunately, he's interrupted before he could ask Lily to fuck off. At least, I'm hoping that he was about to ask her to fuck off.

"Oh, there you are." A voice calls out, and a few moments later, a heavy arm is thrown over my shoulder.

Turning my head slightly, I look at Gray, "Here I am."