Chapter-43|Pre-Wedding Shenanigans(1)

I don't think I've ever mentioned how much I love babies

I don't think I've ever mentioned how much I love babies. Not kids or toddlers, just babies. You know, the one you can hold in your arms and watch them coo at you, but just when they cry, you can give them right back to their parents?

Yup, those are the ones.

But I don't think I would mind holding this one even if she cries.

Josephine Rose Knight.

Liam and Hanna's little daughter.

As I hold her in my arms, I'm pretty sure she's going to be a heartbreaker with her dark brown eyes and black hair. Her features practically scream Knight genes, considering Hanna is a redhead with green eyes.

"I hope you know you're not getting her back." I joke, rocking Josephine slightly as she eyes me curiously.

"I appreciate all the break I can get." Hanna says, laughing from her position on the couch where she's currently lounging.

All of us came down to North Carolina this morning because the day after tomorrow was Liam's and Hanna's wedding. While we initially planned to come down tomorrow, Liam desperately wanted Ethan to be a part of his bachelor party and Hanna insisted that Dani and I join Riley for her bachelorette.

"Well, I told you, honey. I'm ready to babysit whenever you want some rest." Elizabeth says, handing Hanna a plate filled with fruits.

I expected everyone here to treat me with hostility because I hurt their son, but none of that happened. In fact, they pushed Ethan to the side as everyone hugged me when we arrived. While Hanna gloated about how she knew all along that we would end up together, Elizabeth was simply happy that we did.

"Thank you so much, Eliza." Hanna smiles gratefully at her to-be mother-in-law.

"So, what's the plan for the fun night?" Riley asks, finally looking up from her phone. Her words cause Dani to look over from her position on the couch opposite Hanna, where she's intently listening to Olivia tell her about the pressure of being a senior in high school.

"Well, the plan is to have fun." Hanna says smirking at us. Chuckling at her words, Elizabeth shakes her head before leaving us alone.

"I thought that was a given." Dani smirks just as Olivia gets up and leaves the room when her phone rings.

"You thought right." Hanna nods at Dani before sitting up straighter. "I don't know the details because my friends have planned all this, but once the guys leave, my friends will come over and we'll go from there on." She tells us, making us nod.

"Ohhh... Are you gonna have strippers?" Dani asks curiously, looking at Hanna.

"I just had his daughter, Dani." Hanna says, laughing loudly. "Both of us decided no strippers and anyway, I wouldn't go for one."

"I mean... I wouldn't either, but I just thought maybe you'd want to try it, considering everything that happened." Dani says, referring to her accident. "Maybe add a little bit of... spice." She winks at us, making me laugh. The loud sound of my laugh makes baby Knight look up at me once again with curiosity in her eyes.