Chapter Twenty Three

~I think this might be my favorite part of this story, you guys are in for a treat😋~

It had been a couple of days since Chris and I got home from visiting his family in Boston.

I haven't seen him since we got back—he was filming for a new marvel movie. These past days, I have been working on advertisement bits that my agent had set up.

Right now I was home—wrapping up another Harry Potter marathon. It was late around 12am so I decided to get some sleep. Chris hasn't texted me good night which was weird.

I threw some pjs on and fell asleep, until I was awakened by a knock on my door. I turned to check the time. It was 12:13am. I rolled out of my bed and groaned at my cold floor since I was barefoot.

I closed one eye to look through the door hole and I squealed at who it was—just my favorite guy ever.

"Chris!" I jumped into his arms as I opened the door.

"Hey baby.." he hugged me back tightly. I inhaled his scent and wished I could be in his arms forever.

We pulled away.

"What are you doing here babe? It's late. Everything okay?"

I asked as I played with his jacket pockets.

"Could you grab a sweater doll?" He smirked.

I smiled widely as I realized we were going on an adventure—the unexpected ones where the best. Chris was the kind of reckless that should send me running, but I know I wouldn't get far.

I ran back inside to grab a jacket and change from my pjs. Chris grabbed my hand and we headed downstairs.

Liam was asleep at his desk. Poor man. There was no one in the lobby at this time of night. I realized now how Chris even got up to my condo in the first place- he walked right past Liam.

Chris and I tip toed until we reached the exit—we were as quiet as mouses—until Chris's phone dinged, loudly. Liam awoke almost immediately, scared to death.

"Who's there?"

I covered my mouth as Chris and I were hiding in front of his desk. I looked at Chris to see what the plan was in order to get out. He giggled quietly.

"Get up you two...." Liam said.

Chris and I sighed in defeat as we stood up.

"...and where are we going at this time of night?"

"To explore Liam, the night is young." I gave him a cute smile.

"You both, almost scared me to death. Hooligans!"

Chris and I gave each other a look and chuckled as Liam scolded us like children.

"Go on, get outta here—You make sure Ms.Y/n gets home safe, alright Mr.Evans?"

"Of course Liam, I would never let anything happen to this beauty."

We made it outside, where Chris's car was parked. He opened the door for me and he made his way to the drivers seat and we took off.

I held Chris's hand and intertwined my fingers with his. I admired his side profile as he had one hand on the steering wheel. He was so sexy.

"As much as I love adventures baby, where are we going exactly?"

"Well, I just got out of a bunch of boring meetings with boring directors and I'm so hungry, are you hungry doll?"

I smirked.