Chapter Seventy Seven: Part 2

A little over a month late, I'm sorry, but here it is! 🎄

Part two of our chapter 77 update 😍

💖💙 A very...very special one 💙💖

~ Y/n ~

"Dad?" My body becomes covered in goosebumps, my bones shivering, I haven't seen my dad in god knows how long.

"Hi, sweetie," he says, sadly but glad at the same time.

"How did you—why are you—" I try to gather all the questions in my head.

My dad and Chris exchange glances, but not words, until my dad speaks again, "Hello, Christopher, glad to see you're still around."

Chris looks at me, he doesn't know what to say, probably because there are many questions in his head too.

And not to mention it's like the middle of the night, this can't get any more random.

My dad's eyes wander to my big belly, and he shifts uncomfortably a little bit, until he takes a deep breath, probably calming down mentally before he says something stupid to me, I become self-concious for a half a second until Chris was putting his hand on my back, taking note of my uncomfortableness.

"May I come in? There's something I need to tell you," he looks at Chris, "both of you."

I can't speak, I'm too overwhelmed, but I do find the strength to motion into our home.

My dad steps in, he has one of his old high school hoodies on and a baseball cap, he takes a seat on our couch, his eyes lingering over our living room which was filled with toddler toys and photos.

My dad stays staring at the big one of me and Chris on our wedding day, then of me, Chris and Nena.

But they were mostly of Nena. Chris and I are our daughter's number one fans.

She's our precious princess.

"Can...can I get you something to drink?" Chris says, kind of hesitantly. Still standing, and wiping his palms over the front of his shorts, something he does when he's really, really nervous.

I know because it's all he kept doing on our first date.

"Got any beer?" My dad says, looking at Chris in a way I've never seen before.

Much less anger, and much more sympathy. Like...like he almost wasn't completely bothered by the fact that he's my husband.

Before my dad would always have a rigid body posture, stern eyes, and would hardly talk to Chris. Not after Chris and I got married without his blessing.

But now, it's almost like he's accepted it.  I'm glad he did, it's been way too long for him to still hold grudges...and I guess the same should go for me too, even though I'll never forget that he didn't walk me down the aisle.

"Yeah," Chris says a bit higher than his voice is normally like, only because I know he's nervous. My dad always makes him nervous, "bud light, okay?" My husbands says in his much more deeper voice.