Chapter Eighty: Part 2

Two part update: after this part, please proceed to chapter 80: Part 3 (already posted too)

Very heavy mentioning of police, violence, and lots of angst. Better days are ahead though 🌈❤️

Chris and you are just about to arrive to the house, he's holding your hand and rubbing his thumb across your knuckles, when a call from the security system comes through the Bluetooth system.

Chris slows the velocity of the car when he approaches a red light, and answers the call with his left hand, pressing his finger on the green button.

"Hello?" Chris answers, and the other line silent, until a voice comes through.

"Mr.Evans?"

"Yes. Speaking."

Your stomach twists with anxiety, a heaviness in your chest, something was wrong.

"We're on the line with the police, to inform you that there is a potential intruder in your home."

That's when your the blood from your body drains, and you feel sick to your stomach.

Meanwhile Chris is in a state of denial, "that's impossible, my mother is there, my sister in law, my kids!"

The car behind Chris's honks, seeing the light has turned green and Chris hasn't moved.

"I'm sorry, but the home security has caught the intruder entering the home from the backyard. It's best we approach this situation with cool heads—"

Chris hangs up and drives the 5 minutes home like a mad man, you're crying in the passenger seat.

While Chris tries to muster up what to tell you, how to calm you. He pulls up to the hill leading to the house, the once empty street filled with FBI SUVs, and police cars.

"Chris," you gasp, this makes it real, you squeeze his hand.

He parks the car, and throws his seatbelt to the side, "stay in the car," he points to you and shuts the door.

"NO!" You yell at him, unbuckling your seatbelt and reaching to open the door.

"Y/n. Stay in the damn car!" Chris raises his voice at you, and slams shut his door, walking to meet the police chief and the FBI captain.

You look towards your house, it looked fine, just how you left it, some lights were on, Sienna's room, your room, the living room.

You see a small figure out from the window of the living room, squinting your eyes you notice it's your first baby girl. Pressing her hand to the glass.

Dodger appears beside her, barking at the many people in front of the house.

You unlock the door, and throw yourself out of the car, running to the gate, "SIENNA! Mommy's here Sienna! It's okay, baby!" you shout, tears continuously falling from your eyes, "Dodger it's okay, honey!"

The police come to pull you off the gate, and the conversation between Chris and the chiefs get cut short, as he jolts to be by your side.

"I got her." Chris's tone short as the policemen try to remove you, in a manner he didn't like.

"Your men could be a bit more gentle no?" He shoots a mean glare to the police chief and he hugs you in his arms, sobbing into his chest.

"Y/n, listen to me, they think it's your brother. He escaped his jail cell a few months ago, and they've been looking for him ever since."