Chapter Fifty Five

Warnings: Smut, Angst, Fluff

• 3 WEEKS LATER •

I was sulking in the warm water filled with bubbles and my favorite essential oils, my hair up in a clip with loose strands hanging out - framing my face.

I didn't even know what time it was, and I didn't wanna know. I wanted to be here with Chris and just relax.

We spent so much time, making love last night and this morning that if I could get pregnant while being pregnant - considering me expecting my second child already.

"We gotta go soon my love..." Chris mumbles into my skin, gently kissing my shoulder area.

"Mmm, just a bit longer." I rub up against him.

I was cradled between his legs, laying my back against his chest in the bathtub of our new home. With my back facing towards him, he'd gently run the cloth over my skin, the water running down my back like the relief I longed for.

He had ran a bubble bath for me after another round of exchanging sweet kisses and touches.

I was reminded what time it was, when the sun rays were shining through our large windows in Chris and I's new bathroom.

We were almost moved in. I was adding a few touches of my own taste to the house, we were in the process of moving all our clothes, and also waiting for the movers to bring the furniture from Chris's apartment.

After that, we're all good and settled in this dream home.

I look down at my bump that has grown even larger as the days have gone by. Most of my clothes don't fit me, my ankles swell up if I walk for too long, I get these random headaches and dizziness, and don't even get me started on my back pain.

I run my fingers over my stomach, that was large enough to circle and poke out from the soapy water.

It's not like I was feeling insecure, I just miss the way my body was before.

"I love you, baby." Chris whispers into my neck while leaving soft kisses there, as if he could read my mind. "You're so beautiful."

"Do you really think so?" I murmur.

"I know so, my love. You look perfect as always, but even more so now that you're carrying my baby."

I lay my head back into his shoulder as he moves his face so his cheek is touching mine.

"I love you, Chris. You always make me feel better." I pick his hand up and place it over mine as we both touch my stomach.

Then his other hand comes up from being in the water and he starts slowly caressing my bump.

I melt into his touch. While he kisses my cheek softly.

A few minutes later and we really have to go or we'll be late.

"C'mon sweetheart, let's go see how big the lovebug is."

Chris and I get out of the bath, and dry ourselves off.

We change and finish getting ready, making our way to the car in the garage.

Chris was helping me down the stairs, with a fear of me falling.

"Oh no, I forgot my phone." I realized mid way down the stairs.

"I'll get it, babe." Chris offers.

"Chris, I'll get it, I'm pregnant not sick."

I turn to walk up the stairs, and grab my phone. When I noticed what seemed like a cut piece of pink ribbon by the drawers.