Chapter Twenty Seven: Part 2

Warnings: implied smut, angst, fluff towards the end. the tea is definitely being spilt in this one. ☕️

We all sat around my living room. I had invited the man who claims to be my brother inside. To get to the bottom of all this. Chris watched me as I walked back and forth due to the anxiety.

My dad was trying to comfort my mom who was still softly crying. The man awkwardly sat across from them. He had one of those jackets that motorcycle guys wear.

"I'm sorry Y/n." My mom groggily spoke. Not taking the silence anymore.

"Tell me how this happened?" I stopped my pacing to face her.

She cleaned her face and began to explain. But she never looked me in the eye.

"Y/n, honey, I—got pregnant with your brother when I was 17. I-I, your father and I tried our best for five years to keep him a secret. But then my parents found out and he took him away from us—That's what happened Nick. I never abandoned you."

She turned to face the man as he wiped a tear away.

"I've heard different." The man spoke, his voice cold.

"Care to explain more dad? Or are you gonna give me more rules to follow? When you couldn't even follow them yourself! God! You lied to both Nikki and I when you said that the rules were there to protect us!..."

"Y/n.."

"...no let me finish, the rules were there to protect us when in reality you didn't want us to make the same mistake you did! It all makes sense now! The discipline the following orders! I get it dad! For years I followed your stupid ass rules since I was 16, when all along it was just you hiding an insecurity."

I scoffed at him. My head hurting from all the yelling.

"Y/n. Please let me talk. That's exactly my point. I placed those rules so that you or Nikki didn't have to go through with this. What your mom and I went through."

"Hypocrites! Both of you! I don't even know who you guys are! I can't believe I had an older brother this whole time and both of you failed to mention it to me!"

They bowed their heads as I yelled at them. The man finally spoke again.

"I-I'm sorry but who is Nikki?"

Chris and I exchanged a look. I turned to face the man.

"I-I—have a younger sister."

His eyes widened as if the whole world was collapsing. My mom finally spoke to the man directly.

"We named her Nikki to honor you Nick, I-I missed you so much and your father did too. But there was nothing we could do—"

"Nothing you could do? You let grandpa take me away! You didn't even come looking for me!"

"Is that true mom? You didn't go looking for your son?! God!"

"We did but my father threatened to take you away as well Y/n. I couldn't risk losing both of my children. And my father said he'd put you up for adoption if I ever came back looking for you."