Chapter Fifty Seven

Warnings: fluff, fluff and more fluff + family drama + lots of angst.

Multiple POVs! Read carefully!

••

"I. Need. Chris." I say, applying pressure to where I'm feeling this weird but mild pain.

"Okay, okay." Nikki gently grabs my arm to walk me over to the couch, "just sit down, relax, I'll go get him."

I nod at her, shutting my eyes tight. Taking a seat on the couch, I start taking deep breaths wondering if I'm going into labor. I have no idea, since this is my first baby and the last one if this is just Braxton Hicks because this hurts like a bitch.

Nikki runs out to the front where Chris and Tom were talking about the first time Tom went to audition to be in Civil War: Captain America.

Chris is laughing as Tom reminds him the gunner encounter he had with RDJ. When he sees Nikki sulkily creep out from being in the house. His smile turns into a frown, when he notices the look on her face.

"What is it, Nikki?" Chris asks, standing up from the patio chair.

Tom just looks at Nikki, waiting for an answer. But also happy to see her.

"It's Y/n, I-I, I don't think she's going into labor, she can't be; she still has a few more weeks, it's probably just Braxton Hic—" Nikki begins to explain when Chris moves past her to go find Y/n.

I sigh in relief when I see Chris walk down the hallway into the living room, rushing to be next to my side.

"What's wrong, sweetheart?" Chris immediately puts his hand on my bump.

"Call Dr.Montgomery. I-I think it's time, but I don't know. I don't know what to do." I explain to him.

"Okay, I'll call him. I'll call him." Chris nervously reaches into his pocket to pull his phone out.

I reach for his wrist, as he dials the number down.

"I'm scared." I whisper.

Yes, I'm pregnant and it's a wonderful thing growing this baby inside me, that's half Chris and half me. But now I actually have to deliver it. Like right now.

"I know, baby, I know. But I'm gonna be by your side the whole time, okay?"

"IT'S HAPPENING! STAY CALM GUYS, I'LL CALL THE PARAMEDICS." Tom shouts as he comes back from our linen closet with a bunch of towels.

"Mmm..." I shut my eyes closed again. And Chris was holding me closing to him, dialing the numbers on his phone with his other hand.

"Y/n, it's probably just Braxton Hicks. You're only 35 weeks, the baby is still considered premature."

Neither did Chris or myself pay any attention to Nikki, or Tom who was setting up towels near me on the ground, fearing my water could break at any moment.

Nikki let out a sigh of frustration, crossing her arms, but sitting on the couch across from Chris and I.

"Hi, Nikki. Didn't get a chance to say hello before." Tom waves at her, before going to sit next to her.

"What's up, Holland." She responds.

"Hello?"

"Hey Doc, it's Chris, Um, Y/n's having some pain." Chris begins to explain.

"Hey man, sorry to hear about that. What kind of pain?"

I take the phone from him, "THIS BABY WANTS TO COME OUT OF ME BEFORE ITS TIME, MONTGOMERY."