Chapter 33

Knox's POV

I couldn't believe it.   My mate was a purple wolf.   I remember vaguely about the stories you were told as children, but not all the details.   If I knew Vladimir he was currently studying up on the subject.   When he arrived this evening I just hoped he had the answers.

Sophia and I spent the morning with the kids playing games and watching some movies.   Being a newly turned wolf her mother genes just tripled and she had the urge to hover over her children.   I gladly watched over her as she drove the kid’s nuts with her constant mothering.   Poor Noah was not used to someone leaning over and wiping his face. 

Daddddd…

I know son but just go with it.   Her wolf needs this.   In a couple of days it will go back to normal.

Fine, but this is so embarrassing.   No respectable boy my age allows his mommy to wipe his face.   The guys would never let me live this down.

I know son, that is why we are all alone, but just look how happy Ella is cuddled in her mother’s arms.  

Yeah she does, but…

Just a few more days’ son.  She is just showing you her love.

Okay dad.   And I guess it is kind of nice, I never did have this…

I am sorry for that, but Sophia does love you like you are her own.

Me too dad, me too.  

I smiled over at my boy tucked next to his mom, I loved him so much and I am so happy that fate gave him another mother.   Regardless if that mother was currently embarrassing the hell out of him, but hey every boy needs to learn on how to deal with an overbearing mom.  

And to think, she is also his mate’s mom…oh he hasn’t seen anything yet.   Just wait until the reach mating age…yikes I actually pity the boy. 

Returning my attention back to the movie I savored this time with my family.   I just prayed that this all worked out.  

After dinner, Vlad called to say he would be popping in, seconds before he appeared in my office.   Even though he gives me a warning is still freaks the shit out of me.  

This time however, he is not alone.   A petite blond stood next to Vlad.   She had a different vibe about her that I could not read, but I did not sense anything that was a threat. 

“Alpha Knox, may I introduce you to Raine, she is a fairy that has been with me for several centuries.   She is among the most trusted.   She also has the answers we seek.”

“Nice to meet you Raine.   Sophia is putting the kids to bed, she will be down in a few minutes.   So a fairy huh?”

‘Yes, Alpha Knox, it is an honor to meet you.   I am one of the few fairies that King Vladimir saved many years ago.   My kind has grown with the help of his protection.   I am forever in his debit, but now I have the privilege of serving you and the Queen.”

 Confused I looked over to Vlad.   He preferred to wait until Sophia arrived before we went into any detail.    After a few minutes of Sophia entered the room.

Immediately Raine dropped to her knee, bowing to her.   Sophia stopped mid step looking at me questioningly. 

“Raine, for god sakes stand up.   You are going to freak Sophia out with all this bowing and shit.   Sit down and tell the Alphas what you know.”

Vlad dragged the petite girl over to the couch and explained to Sophia who she was.   After Sophia’s initial shock of meeting a real fairy, she settled onto the couch next to me.  

“My apologies Alpha, I seem to have gotten bit over zealous.   Before we proceed I ask permission if I may hold your hands Luna.  I will explain why afterwards and will bring you no harm, I promise.”

With a nod from Vlad, I permitted the girl to kneel in front of my mate.  With a small smile her tiny hands reached up and connected with my mates.   My eyes flickered over to her tiny arms as etchings or tattoos began to swirl on to her skin.   Intricate designs which were purple were imprinted from her wrist to her shoulder.  

They were truly beautiful.   Looking at her face, pure euphoria graced her features.   Turning to my mate I noticed tears began to trickle down her cheeks, but not from sorry.   She stared at the little fairy with pure love and adoration.  

Confused and wondering what the hell was happening, the designs finished leaving her arms completely covered.   Raine sat back on her heels and began to cry.  

“It was everything I have ever dreamed of.   Thank you my Queen for honoring me as your protector.   I swear to you that I will protect you until my last breath.”

“Okay, can someone tell me what the fuck is going on?  And why do you keep calling her your Queen, I mean she is a queen to me but why you?   And what is with the tattoos appearing on your arms?  Someone better start talking now…”

Vlad was laughing on the couch, telling me to calm my Alpha-self down.  Raine retook her position next to him on the couch, grinning from ear to ear.  

“Again my apologies.   I will start at the beginning…”