Chapter 11

Knox’s POV

“Jesus man take it easy will ya!”

Alex moaned from the ground.   The last hour we were doing some training, mainly for me to release some of this anger that quickly consumed me.  

After listening to Sophia’s story yesterday, Rafe was seeing red, all he wanted this Brian’s blood.   It took everything in my control not to go off and track this fucker down and kill him.  

It is against our laws to purposely bring harm to humans, but this was not one of those times.    

Alex got back up to his feet and tried to catch me off guard, but after a few more moves, Alex found himself once again on his back. 

“Okay enough man.   I have been your punching bag for over two hours.   Go for a run or something because beating the shit out of me is definitely not helping.”

He was right.   Rafe wanted blood, but it was not Alex’s that he wanted.  

Heading outside I shifted and headed north.  

An hour later, I felt slightly better after exerting some energy.  

As I approached the common area, I noticed a lot of kids playing soccer.   My gaze landed on Ella, who sat off to the side watching them, with a sad expression on her face.  It broke my heart.  

I am heading over there

Okay Rafe, but be careful, she has never seen us in wolf form and we are very intimidating, I don’t want to scare her even more.

Yeah okay, I got this.   I consider her my pup and she needs a dad right now.

Making my way around the kids, I tentatively walked to Ella’s side.   She watched me the whole way, taking me in.    I didn’t smell any fear so I continued until I was lying next to her with my head in her lap.   After a few minutes, her fingers began to brush through my fur.  

A small giggle escaped her lips as she petted me.   Since she wasn’t afraid of me I decided to try something else.   Lifting my head I licked her face.

“Ew that is so gross Knox, now I have doggy slobber all over me.”

At the sound of her voice I immediately sat up.   The look of shock graced her face as well.   She knew it was me but how?   Remembering not to scare her, I let me tongue hang out the side of my mouth as I placed my paw on her hand. 

“Just don’t lick me again okay?”

I nodded my wolf head.  

“You are so big, like the size of a pony, I bet I could even ride your back.”