Chapter 22

Vladimir's POV

"Oh you have to be fucking kidding me! No, no...absolutely not. How is it possible for someone to have this much bad luck? I refuse to accept this....First I have the world's worst marriage and husband, then I come to find out that hey guess what werewolves exist and you are mated to one of them. Well okay that part wasn't bad, but still...werewolves...I mean come on. So now that I have FINALLY accepted this whole new world...but no we are not finished yet because hey guess what...vampires exist too, and oh yeah forget to mention that you are also a long lost goddess...a goddess. Me. Do I look like a freaking goddess? Oh and let us not forget that some crazy ass werewolf wants to not only kill me, but my daughter as well. FUCK!!! No...No..."

Sophia paced back and forth as she ranted at me and Knox. Her emotions were all over the place, you could feel the electricity that was filling the air. Her eyes were glowing violet, showing that Gaea was surfacing.

Vlad, should I stop her?

No, let your mate get these emotions out. She needs to expel some of this energy as it is not healthy for her to try and contain that.

Sophia finally finished and leaned her head against the window as she looked outside.

"Sophia, it was not my intension to cause you so much stress and I deeply apologize. I should have held back on trying to read you, but excitement got the better of me. The aura surrounding you is pure white, again something that I don't ever see. But please believe me when I tell you that you are a goddess. She will live in you just like Rafe lives in Knox. I know you can feel her, but you need to trust her, allow her to be a part of you. She has always been there...just asleep. Trust her, she will never fail you."

Signing, Sophia walked back over to the couch and sat back down next to Knox, leaning her head to his shoulder. Knox called in his Beta Alex and his Third Mason to the room. I began by explaining that Alpha George from the Northridge pack in Colorado, got word that not only did the Alpha find his mate, but the Crowned Alpha did as well.

Alpha George was greedy and brutal, going around killing fellow shifters if they chose not to join him. He was responsible for completely wiping out smaller packs that surrounded him. Expanding his land and pack size which was now well over 700 people.

"Last week, Alpha George asked for assistance in ridding you of your mate and daughter. Since we have kept my marriage to your sister a secret, very few know of our connection. Knox, you have the largest and strongest pack on the continent. What you are up to over 1800 pack members? Well anyway Alpha George knows that he cannot beat you just from numbers alone. But by weakening you, he would have a chance."

"I don't understand Vlad...why would killing me and Ella weaken Knox and the pack, we are not fighters."

Knox went on explaining that a pack needs a Luna to function at their strongest, most united. Without her, the pack loses their unity and begin to deteriorate, even collapse. When an Alpha loses his mate he becomes weaker as well, both mentally and physically. If both the current Luna and Future Luna were to be killed, well that would devastate a pack, making them vulnerable and a prime target for the enemy.

"I don't understand why Alpha George would suddenly take interest in my pack. We have always left each other alone. His is neither an ally nor an enemy...like I said we have no connection. I need to contact some of the other Alphas to see if they have had any issues in dealing with him. I'll be damned if I let that evil parasite anywhere near my pack or my mate. Vlad what did you get when you read him?"

That was what was bothering me...I went on to explain that I could read him clear as a sunny day. He reeked of greed, corruption, power, all things I expected but there was an underlining blackness that was unreadable. If I was able to touch him I would have been able to seen it, but the shifter was already weary of being in the presence of the King of Vampires that he kept his distance.

Alpha George wanted to form an alliance, saying that he was a friend to the vampires when in fact he wasn't, his thoughts spoke volumes of what vile creatures we were. The idiot highly underestimated the powers of vampires, and unfortunately that was going to cost him.

The only reason he was not killed on the spot was because something was not right. I could feel the deception as he talked, but again without physically touching him, it was impossible to find out what that was. Not wanting to tip my hand at my ability at reading him, I sat back and did not approach him.

Now that I know that there have been no issues between the two packs, the mystery grows. Also added to the puzzle was the fact that I have stumbled upon a goddess, which in itself is very rare. Could Alpha George have prior knowledge of who and what Sophia was? I found that hard to believe but at this point I was ruling nothing out.

I dismissed Alpha George with a promise to consider his alliance that I had to discuss with some of my coven leaders. He seemed reluctant to leave without my answer, but had no choice. A couple of days later I gathered some of my warriors and teleported to the edge of Knox's pack property line.

Even though we were related, it was our law to never trespass onto pack territory, unless it was an emergency. Plus it was never a good idea to scare a pack of shifters by suddenly popping up; that never ended well.

We discussed the situation for several hours, trying to figure out a game plan to keep the girls safe. Sophia had since fallen asleep and was cuddled up to her mate. I could feel the power that surrounded her. Once she and Knox completed their mate bond her full power would rise...oh I wish I was around to see that.

Goddess', by nature were some of the strongest most powerful people around, but being the mother goddess, well now that was going to be something to see.

Very few were more powerful than me, goddess's and gods were pretty much the only ones out there that naturally held more power. As a rule, they tended to keep to themselves and hid from our society as they have learned throughout time many desired to control them and their power. It was why in my very long life I have only come across one goddess, well now two.

Realizing that Sophia needed to be protected now more than ever. Although goddess's were difficult to kill, it was not impossible. Also Ella would now need protection as well because the best way to control Sophia would be through her.

"Knox, how do you feel with me leaving a few of my guards here for extra protection? That way if trouble arises I will have a direct line to you through them."

Agreeing with me, I designated four of my guards to remain behind. Instructing them to always guard the women while two patrolled the pack land. One of the benefits of being a single vampire is that you don't sleep. That habit is only picked up again once you find your mate. That is why I only use mateless vampires as guards, they make excellent around the clock watchman.

Bidding farewell to Knox, I gathered my remaining men to teleport home. Looking down at Sophia sleeping in Knox's lap, I knew that I would do everything in my power to assist in protecting her. Not only is she now my new sister-in law, but also a goddess...a very powerful one.

"Take care of her brother...I will be in touch as soon as I get my plan in motion."

I just hope this works...