Chapter 50

Sophia’s POV

The last few days have been a bit stressful to say the least.   Sometimes I wished I could rewind back to when it was just me and Ella and this world didn’t exist to us, but then I recall all that I have gained from this new world.   I have a family, a pack and my wonderful mate.   All the positives definitely outweigh the negatives. 

The danger was a big negative.   Before I just had to worry about my abusive ex, but now I have a whole other world that is filled with people wanting me and my family dead.   When I thought about it too much it my anxiety skyrocketed so I tried to keep those thoughts to a minimal.  

One would think that being this all powerful and great goddess was great, but the pressures of having that power were daunting sometimes.   I had all of these people depending on me to keep them safe and I had so much self-doubt.   Gaea was scolding me constantly, pushing those feelings away.   She kept telling me that we could and will protect these people as it is our fate and destiny.

That wasn’t the only things weighing on my mind.   What about my grandmother Mae?   I have spoken too many who have witnessed her destruction first hand and I was nervous about confronting her.   Secretly she was the one I was concerned about facing, not the Council.   Could I kill my own flesh and blood?

Knox was by my side constantly helping me and guiding me.   This whole world still had mysteries to me and he was always there to explain how things were done.   And if Knox was unavailable, Vlad was happy to step in and help.  

Right now both were taking the time to explain some history of all the different species who now belong to our pack.   I needed to know the basics of their abilities and their weaknesses if I was to protect them.   

“Okay baby, let’s move on to the were-panthers…”

Jane ran into the room as Vlad was going over some facts.   Startled we all looked up at my fluster friend.

“My apologies, but Sophia you and Knox need to see this…Ella…holy cow.   Please follow me.”

Getting up we all ran to catch up with her as she made her way to the woods.   With all the new homes we needed to build our forest was being harvested and it hurt to see all the stumps with no trees.   It broke my heart to see so many trees killed, but it had to be done.   We needed to plant some more trees to replenish all those that were taken.

Walking further into the barren section of the woods I saw the kids off to the side with Alex. 

Noticing us, Noah ran up to me with a huge smile on his face.  “Mom, Dad she is so amazing.   You have to see this.   Hey Ella, they are here…do your thing.”

Turning my gaze to my daughter and I watched as she placed her hands on the stumps.   With a smile she patted the center of the wood and stepped back.   Right before our eyes the tree grew and grew until it reached what I expected was its prior height to being cut down.  

Both Knox and Vlad swore beside me as they took in the power that Ella had over the trees.   It was amazing to see as she moved from tree stump to tree stump.   Trees once again began to surround us.   I have never been as proud of my daughter as I watch her restore the forest to it original glory.   Tears started to form on my eyes as my mate encircled me in his arms. 

“Our little girl is just as amazing as her mother.   I am so proud to have you both in my life.   Look at her.   Her smile is blinding as she brings life back into the trees.   She really is nature’s goddess.  And you are my goddess.   I love you so much baby.”

Leaning into him I absorb his strength as I stand in his embrace.   Together we stood there watching our daughter as she laughed and smiled.   Peace surrounded my family as we watched, it was moments like this that life was truly wonderful. 

 “My King, My Queen.   I apologize for the interruption I just wanted to inform you that our new pack members have started to arrive.    They are being processed and shown to their new living quarters.”

With a slight bow the guard turned and returned to the main house.    Well I guess our peace was short lived.   Time to head back up and sort out our new members.  

Third Person’s POV

I have finally found her.   Who would have thought that the little bitch would be mated to not only an Alpha but the new Prime?   There was no way in hell I would allow that bitch to be Queen.   Who the hell did she think she was?   I should have killed her years ago when I had the chance but it was so much fun to watch her live in fear.  

A mistake I will never make again.  

There were rumors were floating around that our new Queen was special and her people loved her immediately.   That her love and kindness was given freely to all.   And for that she had earned their loyalty.   Well who the fuck cares.   Power.   That is where it all lies and I have the power.  

Soon Sophia…soon you will die!   That is if the Council doesn’t finish you off first.   A part of me hopes that the pleasure of taking your life falls to me.   It will feel good to finally take what should have belonged to me in the first place and if I cannot have it, then no one will.