Chapter 12

Sophia's POV

It seems like they have been gone forever. Realistically I know it has been only a few hours but still. It's not like I didn't trust Knox, I did, completely. Which still baffled me. I have only known this man for a few weeks, but I trust him with my life and my daughters.

I was so wrong about him. At first I thought he was just like Brian, controlling, possessive and arrogant. Well come to think of it, he is all of those things...but in a positive way. That was what I really had a hard time deciphering between the two. In Brian all those characteristics were done in a negative, hurtful way. Which slowly crushed the person I was.

But those same qualities in Knox, well they were downright sexy. Yes he was controlling, hell he was the Alpha of over hundreds of wolves. It took a lot of control on his part keeping everything in order. Watching him these past few weeks I notice the difference of the man I see and the man the pack sees. He loves his pack so much and would die protecting them.

He is stern and strict but only for the benefit of keeping the peace and harmony throughout the pack. He is loved and greatly respected amongst his people. They treat him like us humans would treat a king. It is weird to me to see people bow as they walk past him, I know it is a sign of respect, but to me he is just a man, not an Alpha.

As for being possessive, well Knox takes that to a whole new level. Just yesterday one of the male warriors placed his hand on my arm, helping me up. The growl Knox released didn't terrify me, but the poor warrior immediately pulled back his hand and excused himself. I thought Knox was going to rip that arm out of the socket so it was a good thing he ran.

When I told him he was being ridiculous he mumbled that no one touches what was his. His possessiveness definitely trickled down to Ella as well. While playing she fell and scraped her knee and Knox blew up at the boys that were around her at the time. Yelling at them to be more careful and as males it was their job to protect the females in this pack, not harm them. She was so embarrassed that she ran to me and hid her face.

Oh that man could lose his temper and quickly. But for some odd reason neither Ella nor I were ever afraid. He was always so nice and sweet to both of us and when he did lose his temper it was because he was trying to protect us, at least that is how Jane explained it to me.

Jane was a huge help in explaining everything to me. She continued to answer all of my questions, which seemed to never end. It truly was a different world, with different rules and principles. I laughed and told her that they needed a pack handbook that they could give to new members. Especially new human members. She thought it was an excellent idea and was going to have the pack Elders work on it.

As for this whole mate thing...well let's just say the concept is growing on me. I think about him constantly, even when I am with him. No one has ever consumed my thoughts like this man has. He is sweet and kind with both me and Ella that you can't help but be comfortable with him.

And at night...holy hell. At night when I lay in his arms, well it feels like heaven. My body comes alive when our bodies touch, something that scared me at first but now I yearn for those moments. It is like little currents of electricity dance along my skin, warming me, caressing me.

Having these types of feelings is so foreign to me. For years my body was used without receiving any pleasure. Even when Brian and I were dating, orgasms were rare.

After the divorce I went out and bought myself a vibrator, but although it felt great, I was never able to achieve release. So after a while I gave up in trying. My body was broken and I was humiliated with the thought of having to share that with Knox.