Chapter 18

Sophia's POV

I was taking a walk around the common area, keeping an eye on Ella as she and Noah played with some of the other kids. I am so happy she is laughing and smiling again. Noah really was good for her, as she shined even brighter when he was around. As for this whole them being mates' thing, I guess I have a few years to get used to the idea before I have to really worry about it.

Now as for my mate...well that is an entirely different matter. I truly loved Knox, I did. And after the last several nights...holy cow, what can I say, the earth has moved. I never knew anything could make me feel that wonderful...that free. But what that man could draw from my body was literally life altering.

For years I struggled with the thought of being broken, being less of a woman. Now, well now this wonderful man has given be back apart of myself that I had thought was gone forever.

After years of being told that I was fat, ugly, and worthless and that I should be lucky that he my husband took pity on me long enough only to satisfy his lust. You start to believe the lies.

After meeting Knox, it was like a light had gone off in my head saying that my perception of myself was wrong.

I was not fat or ugly. I was something to someone. I had value.

Here was this incredibly gorgeous man who definitely wanted me sexually. He was my other half and he completed me. There was no other man I ever wanted to be with, and I knew that to the bottom of my soul.

I was done being a coward and a victim. I was done with being at mercy to my past. I had this inner strength that I never knew existed. A strength that each day got stronger and more prominent. A strength that told me that it was time.

It was time that I stood up and took control of my life and what I wanted.

No longer was I alone, I now had a mate. A mate who loved me unconditionally. A mate who was suffering because I was holding back.

Well no more. Enough is enough. The past is behind me and it was time I started living my future.

I was ready and I wanted my mate, completely. No more hiding, no more second guessing. I need to track down Knox and let him know.

As if reading my mind, arms surrounded my waist, startling me out of my deep thoughts. Looking up at Knox he gently kissed my cheek.

"Hello love, what is with all the pacing? Are you okay?"

Turning in his arms, I smiled up to him. "Yes, everything is absolutely fine, now. Can we go somewhere to talk?"

Nodding, we proceeded to the house, into his office. Closing the door and locking it we made our way to the couch.

Before my nerves could get the better of me, I called upon my new found inner strength for support. As if listening, I suddenly felt more self-confident, stronger.

"Knox is it possible that I can speak with Rafe? I have something that I want to tell him directly if that is okay?"

"Sure love. Anything you want." Closing his eyes briefly, his once blue eyes were now completely black. Allowing his wolf control.

"Hello darling...you rang?"

"Hello my wolf. I was wanting to talk to you directly as I owe you an apology...no wait don't interrupt me as I want to get what I have to say off my chest before I lose my nerve. Keep your Alpha-self in check for a few minutes, please.

I have been completely unfair to you both, but especially you since we met. Knox was able to control his emotions as he is the human side and was able to understand my needs, but for you after talking to different mated shifters, I understand now that for weeks you have fought against ever instinct you possess by not claiming me.

And for that I am truly sorry. I have no idea how difficult that must have been for you. To have your mate, but not to really have her. And the fact that you allowed me time to work through all my issues and emotions...well means everything to me.

You stepped back and let Knox care for me the way I needed and you put your needs and wants aside to allow me time. So thank you for that.

And also for the last few nights. I know being intimate with me could not have been easy, but you still held back, allowing me to get comfortable with my body again, not pushing me further than I was ready to go. If I haven't said it before, I love you. I truly do and I am so thankful that I have you.

But I am now here...telling you...that...oh boy this is a lot harder than I thought. Ok I can do this...so I am here telling you that I no longer need time. That I am ready to truly and fully be your mate. I no longer have any doubts or concerns. I want to be mated to you, I want to change and be like you, a shifter. I fully accept that part of you and I want the same. I want nothing to ever keep us from being complete.

And I hope you still want the same thing."

Taking a deep breath I closed my eyes, waiting for his response, but all I got was a deep growl. Opening my eyes, Rafe was only an inch away from my face. His black eyes gazing into mine.

"Oh little one, now it is my turn. So quiet.

Nothing and I mean nothing will ever allow me to cause you pain. I understood what you needed and it wasn't me going all Alpha on you. I knew Knox was better equipped and the more patient one to give you what you need. I would happily stand back as long as it was for your benefit and happiness.

And you have given me so much. I cherish our runs together and playing in the woods, so you do give me what I need. Trust me when I say my time with you will come and I look forward to that time.

Yes these past weeks were difficult and uncomfortable, but I would wait forever for you if I had to. You mean more to me that sating my lusts. And as for the last few nights, well let's just say I could live off the taste of you alone, god you are absolutely scrumptious baby. It was enough for me, to just have that. I knew Knox had it handled and was giving you not only what you needed, but what you could handle.

Hearing you scream and moan...was pure heaven to me. And I cannot wait to hear you scream our name as we finally join as one. As I claim you as ours and seal your fate to mine forever.

And yes baby, yes to everything. I want you more than words can describe, to make you mine, to fuck you, to make love to you, to make you scream until your voice goes raw from the pleasure. Just yes...and never think any differently. I will feel this way for all time."

His lips crashed onto mine, drawing me in. Our tongues danced as his mouth made love to mine. Hands gripped my waist, hauling me up until I was straddling his lap. The evidence of his arousal was rubbing against my aching center.

His lips traveled down my neck to my shoulder. I couldn't help but to moan as he hit his mark. For days his lips tormented this one spot and it drove me crazy. His one arm tightened around my waist, drawing me closer to his body, increasing the friction of my body rocking into his.

His other hand made its way under my shirt, caressing my skin, heading north to my breasts.

Yes, go there... my breasts ached to be touched and massaged. Craving his touch...

Suddenly Rafe pulled away from me growling....