Chapter 51

Knox’s POV

The clock was running out.   The Council would be arriving in a few hours and you could cut the tension in the air with a knife.   Many were still terrified about what would occur when they arrived.   I along with Vlad discussed over all the possible scenarios that could take place.  Most did not have a great outcome and that worried me.  

We knew that once they found out about Sophia and Ella, all bets were off.   This was the same Council that in the past had hunted and killed any living goddess.   How they were able to kill them still remains a mystery, but we do know they succeeded.  That was what concerned me the most, how could I protect them if I didn’t know what I had to protect them from? 

Sure Sophia and in time Ella, hold great power, but would it be enough to overcome and conquer the combined power of the Council?   And what about the goddess in the past?  How were they defeated…what were their weaknesses that the Council had discovered.    The fairies that spoke too were trying to figure that out but so far none came up with the answer. 

Vlad even had some of his people looking into the matter as well.   Our time was running out and we still had no answers.  I was so frustrated with the unknown and Sophia was right alongside of me.   To calm our nerves we decided to walk around and see how things were going.   Sitting in the office was not going to solve our problems.   We have done everything we could.  

All the preparations have been made and everyone was fluttering around attending to last minute details.    Since this was supposed to be a celebration, a coronation for both me and Sophia, the main gathering area had been transformed and looked amazing.   The stage was decorated with giant flower arrangements and lights were hung in the trees around the dance floor.   Hundreds of long picnic tables were also decorated with purple linens and coordinating flowers.     The ceremony and luncheon was to take place shortly after the Council’s arrival around one.  

By the time one rolled around everyone was on edge of what was about to take place.   Many had locked their children away in the panic room under the pack houses and to be honest I couldn’t blame them.   Noah and Ella had no choice but to stand by their parents to receive their guests.   Sophia was not happy about this as she was on board with locking the kids away as well.

Standing on the front steps we watched as the limo pulled into the front drive.   Reaching down Sophia squeezed my hand as the car came to a stop.   I reached over and gave her a quick peck for reassurance and whispering to her how much I loved her.      

Vlad and his men stood off to the side not too far away from us to show his support.   He wanted the Council to know where he stood…along with us.   It was decided that my sister and the mates of his men were to be transported safely back to his castle so that there were no added distractions.   The women protested immensely but in the end did not have a choice but to leave. 

I for one was extremely happy to have my brothers’ alliance as he stood by my side.  Having him here spoke volumes.   I just hoped it was enough.   For some reason everything that had happened with the rogue attacks and then Alpha George didn’t seem like they were separate and individual efforts.   And that bothered me.   There was someone in the background that was the mastermind of taking down my pack…but was it the Council…Mae or were they working together again?

Vlad’s men did find out that Mae and the Council had a falling out at some point but not the reason why or exactly when.   We were still on the fence as if this was a good thing or a bad thing.   Mae was powerful, in fact she was just as powerful of those on the Council.   For centuries they controlled her and she did their dirty work.    No one really knows how or why she agreed to be the angel of death for the Council just as no one knows why she ended that relationship.

All I know is that no matter what the missing pieces were all our lives were still at stake and that was something I was not willing to accept.

The limo came to a stop and the drive stepped out to open the back door.   What I assumed was Edgar stepped out of them limo first.  You could tell by the way he looked that he was the wolf.   His massive frame stood just as tall as mine around 7 feet.   If a human passed him on the streets they would probably think he was a body builder.  

Reaching into the limo Edgar assisted a women out of the car.   Next to the giant werewolf the woman appeared to be almost child-like, standing around 5’2”.   Her petite frame reminded me of a ballerina or a gymnast.   Even though she was small you could tell she packed quite a punch.   This must be Alice.

On the opposite side of the limo a man and woman stepped out and came around to join Edgar and Alice.   Since they were holding hands I figured they were the witch and warlock, Helen and James.   Lastly a tall, thin man exited the limo.   The powerful aura that surrounded him gave me no doubt that this was Maximus.  

All five members could pass for humans in their 30’s even though they were centuries old.     By appearances, they all were very attractive and possessed a certain authority on the way they carried themselves.   Now standing before them, there was no doubt the power that these 5 people held.   It literally surrounded the air around them.  

“Grand Council members I am pleased to welcome you to my pack and it is an honor having you here to carry out the coronation.   May I introduce my mate Sophia and our children Ella and Noah.”

Showing their respect for our new titles each member slightly bowed to each of us and we returned the gesture.   They each introduced themselves and I was correct on my original assumptions.    It was hard to get a read on any of them as their faces showed no signs of any emotions.   Creepy.

“Now if you please come this way we will show you to your quarters so you can freshen up before the ceremony and luncheon.”

Maximus cleared his throat halting my movements.   James stepped forward as he glanced briefly over to him.  

“Yes, King Knox we do have one more guest with us, I hope it is not a difficulty in adding one more.”

The door to the limo was opened again and another person stepped out.   Before they could fully stand up a gasp came from behind me.

Sophia’s hands had a death grip on mine as the person approached us.   As they joined Helen and James Sophia began tremble.

“Ah…Queen Sophia I can see that you know who this is…well let me enlighten everyone else…”