Chapter39

Vlad’s POV

Sophia was magnificent.   She was able to take down over 300 wolves with just a few commands.  It was one of the most impressive things I have seen in my very long life.    My men were all stunned into silence along with the members of her pack.   Before long, everyone knew what the Luna had accomplished.  

It took the rest of the day to clean up and burn all the bodies that littered the forest.   The good outcome of all this was that my men were able to finally feed.   Now rogue was not the first choice for a vampire, but hey we were in a tight spot with limited food supply.   It was like comparing a juicy filet to McDonalds.   Still filling but not as mouthwatering.  

The day after the attack, Knox and Sophia addressed everyone, letting them know that due to an unknown family trait, it appeared that their Luna had some witch in her.   The pack cheered for their magical Luna…oh if they only knew.   It seems that the Alpha definitely had a way with words.

We decided it was best to keep the extent of those powers and her purple wolf still a secret as Knox had yet to determine who the traitor was.   In my spare time I wandered around the borders reading the patrol wolves, but I have yet to come across the conspirator working with Alpha George. 

So far I have discovered nothing but honorable, loyal wolves.   Frustrated I approached the house and noticed Knox and Sophia walking out the back door.   Raine of course was not far behind as she shadowed her Queen daily.   Even during the attack she was no more than 5 feet from her Queen at all times.  

Many wolves were weary of having a fairy on their land, but I explained that she was with my army and was a great asset to have, especially with what great healing skills fairies possessed.   To prove my point, Raine took the time to help many of the injured, after that the tension seemed to lesson.   Since many wolves have never encountered a fairy I guess that had the right to be a bit skeptical.   Especially since according to records fairies ceased to exist centuries ago. 

“Just in time Vlad, Sophia and I are heading to the cells to speak with the prisoners.   I figures she may have better luck then you and I have had.”

The prisoners, how could I forget those bastards!   In the past three days between myself and Knox we have yet to determine why the rogues have attacked and also why there were so many of them.   By definition rogues are pack-less wolves and for hundreds to band together was unnatural.  

I was still frustrated that I could not get a read on them.  Oh I could pick up all the details about their lives and why they were in the situation of being a rogue, but as to who sent them and why; remained a mystery.  

No amount of torture or magic broke their resolve.   It was quite impressive actually.   Whatever magic protected them was strong.   Stronger than mine.

Making our way across the compound to the cells I noticed many bowed as we passed.   It appears that our lovely Luna has quite the fan base and she didn’t even realize it.   Taking the time, she stopped and greeted many along the way.   Love and admiration pour from each pack member when they received her brief attention.