Chapter 13

Knox’s POV

A month has passed since Sophia and I shared our first kiss.   We still have not mated yet, but we were getting there.   However, let’s just say that going to bed was a lot more fun.   Making out was such a turn on, who knew.  

Other things in our lives have definitely improved as well.   Ella is pretty much back to her normal self.   All of their casts have come off and physically they are both all healed.     Something that I was very happy about.  

Ella has joined Noah at the pack school.   And she has made a few friends, all girls, since Noah won’t let a boy near her.   Jane was right, the apple doesn’t fall far from that tree.

I was sitting in my office catching up on some pack business, trying to focus.   But it is impossible.   My thoughts keep drifting back to Sophia…and how much I wanted to claim her as mine.   Rafe was growing impatient as he wanted his mate.   We still needed to have the talk about her wanted to go through the change or not.   My first mate refused and I was okay with that, but for some reason if Sophia refused, well that bothered me, deeply.

We both realized that she was still scared, but each night it was getting more and more difficult resisting her.   She smelled so sweet and I couldn’t wait to taste her.  

Oh man, just thinking about her had me hard.   I leaned back in my chair and palmed my dick, hell it was going to fall off if I didn’t get some release soon.   There were only so many cold showers a man could take.  

The door swung opened as Sophia waltzed in.  Guilty I sat up quickly in my seat so that she didn’t see what my hand was doing.  

“Hey baby, what brings you by?   I thought you were with Jane?”

“I was but she had to do some pack stuff so I figured I would come see you.   Is that okay?”

“Yes, you never need a reason to come here, my door is always open to you.”

“Oh, um okay.   It just looked like you were busy.   I didn’t want to interrupt you.”

Well shit.  She did see me.   “Never.   So what’s up?”

“Well the kids and I were going to head to the lake and I didn’t know if you could join us?”

“I would love to.”

The kids barreled in rearing to go.   The lake has become our special hang out, a place where we were first together as a family.   Calling for one of the warriors to carry the kids, we shifted.   Sophia climbed on me and Noah and Ella climbed on him, and raced off to the lake. 

After spending the hour running and playing we packed up our stuff to head back home.   I called for John, the warrior, to return.   As I reached down to pick up the blanket, my body froze.   Lifting my nose into the air I smelled…rogues.   Shifting I called for my Beta.