Chapter 61

Knox's POV

Mae and Brian were powerful.   After the first blast was cast Vlad's men laid dead and Raine laid wounded beside them, bleeding badly.   Vlad was trying to hold off but Mae kept sending hit after hit until he sunk to his knees.   Her magic was too strong even for him.

I was standing in front of Sophia as she and Brian battled it out.   I could see he was starting to weaken before he called for help from Mae, commanding her to turn her attention to my mate.  

Vlad sagged to the floor hurt and bleeding.   He was still alive, but struggling.   Before I could react I found myself thrown back hitting the wall.   Fuck that hurt. 

Sophia never even glanced my way, she continued to fight with Mae, neither one giving an inch.  

Crawling over to Raine I tried to help her.   Blood was flowing fast out of the hole in her shoulder. 

"Raine, what can I do to help."

"Nothing my King.   You must defeat him.   She knows how to remove the spell...distract Mae...water...magic."

At that Raine's head rolled to the side she lost consciousness.   Looking up at Vlad he nodded his head in agreement.   Slowly he rose from the ground.

Sophia, remove the spell from Mae.   Vlad and I will distract her.

Standing in front of Vlad I hoped I could provide him with a bit of protection.   My magic was not as strong as Sophia's or Vlad's but I was holding my own.   Brian was on the floor regrouping...you could hear his voice chanting a spell.  

Not wanting to waste any more time, Vlad and I launched our defense towards Mae not Brian.   All we needed was her attention for just a few seconds.

Now Sophia.

As Mae defended herself, her attention fully on us, purple water cascaded down upon her.   Instantly her hands dropped as her body tumbled to the floor unconscious.  

Brian's roar filled the air as her slumped to the side.  

"You bitch!   This was not how things were supposed to go.   Years.   Years I planned this and I will not lose to you now!"

Brian continued to approach us as his magic connected with Vlad sending him flying through the air.   His body laid motionless after it collided with the ground.   Sophia screamed in anger as she pushed me behind her.

"You fucking prick.   I spent years terrified of you but no more.   You will no longer hold that power or any other power for that matter."

I watched in amazement as my mate tackled Brian to the ground.   His magic having no effect what so ever on her as she charged him.   She placed her hands over his chest and began to drain him of his power.   His screams echoed down the hall as the magic was ripped from his body.  

"Sophia baby, enough."

She backed away as she looked down at a barely living body laying underneath her.   Turning around to face me she dove into my arms searching for any injuries. 

"Relax mate I am fine, your magic protects me well.   But Vlad my need some of your assistance.  Mae really kicked his ass."

Chuckling she crawled over to a knocked out Vlad and placed her hands on his chest.   Seconds later he gasped as he shot up to a sitting position.  

"Damn that was just as replenishing as a virgin's blood.  Thank you Sophia."

"Eww.   That is so gross Vlad.   And if you ever bite me I won't hesitate to take you down."

"No worries Soph, I will leave all that biting up to Knox."

"Alright enough you two, Sophia can you help Raine out.   I still have a pulse, its weak but..."

The voice behind us stopped all movement.   "Now that I am free of that maggot's control I can finally do what I have been waiting all these years to do..."