Chapter 35

Knox's POV

"Curse you fates, get your shit in order and stop screwing around and fix this!"

To say I was shocked is definitely an understatement. My wife turned into a purple wolf, she is from the royal bloodline of the original shifters. I couldn't even comprehend how this happened. I mean she was human right? Okay well not human but goddess, but still that is not the same as royal blood from a shifter.

I just kept watching my mate as she paced back and forth ranting at the ceiling.

I figured she deserved to rant a little, hell I was so confused and I grew up in this world with these types of legends. She must have reached that breaking point we all have when dealing with shit thrown at us.

After a few minutes, I figured I have given her enough time ranting, but before I could get up and comfort her...

She disappeared right before my eyes. Well shit where did she go now.

"Sophia! Sophia! This is not funny, you pop back in here right now!"

I just assumed that her powers took over from the stress and she transported somewhere else...that was before I felt our bond disappear.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

BABY, BABY...PLEASE WHERE ARE YOU. CAN YOU HEAR ME? WHERE ARE YOU, PLEASE COME BACK TO ME!"

Nothing.

Falling to my knees the void of my missing mate began to seep through my veins. My heart rate accelerated and I began to sweat. My body was feeling the effects of our bond disappearing and started to shut down.

The pain was unbearable. My wolf was going crazy with the loss of his mate. She was gone, we could no longer feel her. I felt myself beginning to weaken from within.

That was until small arms circled around my shoulders.

"Alpha, please. Queen Sophia is okay, she is not under any stress. Your mate will return unharmed."

"What do you mean? Can you still feel her? How? Why? Dammit answer me! Why can you still feel my mate but I cannot?"

"My markings are her bond with me. So yes I can still feel her and she is in a safe place, no danger surrounds her, if there were I would have followed where ever she disappeared to. That is the link we have, when she is in danger I am called to her side, no matter where.

That is why fairies have always been protectors of the royal blood line. The first fairies were created with royal blood, a way of always linking our two species together. My tattoos appear purple, but they are actually etched in with the Queen's blood. If she was not a true royal, the marks would never appeared, but since they have, my life is now permanently connected with hers. If she dies, I die, instantly. It is the fate of the fairies to always stand by the side of the royals.

But um I think I know where she is at. There is only one place I know that she could be if you cannot feel her anymore..."

"Well tell me dammit, quit stalling."