Chapter 64

Sophia's POV

A week had passed since Brian and the Council were defeated.   Alex and Jane were quite disappointed that I didn't torture Brian longer after all the years the asshole terrorized me.  

Mom, Mae and all the prisoners returned with us and were settling in.   This place was really getting tight on space and we needed to figure out what to do about it.   People were showing up every day now that the word was spread about the new changes. 

Basically we had people camping in tents waiting on how our world was to move forward.    Vlad, Knox and Mae had spent the last few days arguing over how to proceed.   Hence my never ending headache.

"ENOUGH!   You are worse than children.    We all agree that each species needs to be among its own.   Correct?"   They all nodded in agreement. 

"Okay.   First and foremost, Knox and I will be taking up residence in the castle.    It is protected and safe.   Plus the location is secret with is another plus.  Agreed?"   Again everyone nodded.

"Alex and Jane will be named the new Alphas of the pack that will remain here.   Knox are you okay with that?"

"Yes baby.   He would be my first choice."

"Okay, we have the different lands that Alpha George had accumulated.    I say we restructure those back to the original sizes and give each group their own land.   We can then decide who is to lead each of those groups.   Everyone on board with this so far?"

Yes's circled around the room.   In the corner Raine smiled at me as no one dared to speak up.  

Well done my Queen.

Thank you Raine.   They bicker like a bunch of children.   Even Mae and she is older than dirt.

Just don't let her hear you say that.

Yeah you are right.

Knox interrupted my talk with Raine by nudging my shoulder.   "...so there were a total of 5 pack lands, including Alpha George's.  Sophia who do you want where?"

Ahh...can't anyone make a decision without me for once...well I guess not, hence why I yelled at them in the first place.

"Okay so the biggest will go to the additional wolves we accumulated.   Knox talk with Alex and find out who could be placed in the Alpha position, maybe our third Greg, since we know he can be trusted.

We have several mixed breeds.  Anyone mated outside of their species will go to the other three pack grounds as they are quite small so we will need to separate them.   Those people make up the most of our numbers so they need the most room.

Next are the witches.   We will place them closest to the mixed pack since they have a tendency to breed outside their species.    Any questions or comments?"

After further discussion it was determined that we will combine two of the closer grounds and create a larger pack for the mixed breeds.   The other two grounds would be also blended for the witches and anyone mated to one.  

Alex and Greg were called in and both accepted their new positions happily.   Patricia and her were-bear mate also accepted to lead the new blended pack.   Her sister Paige and warlock mate Tony also happily agreed to their new responsibilities.  

That only left the fairies, gnomes and dwarfs.   According to Raine the 15 remaining fairies all decided to follow us as they are meant to protect me and Ella.   They wouldn't have it any other way.   And it was not like we didn't have the room.   Mae said the castle had over 300 rooms.  

Harry and Michael were called forward and asked where they preferred to reside.   Their homes were already built here and Alex had no issues with them remaining.  

Harry took a step forward.   "With all due respect my Queen.   Those here have requested that we continue protecting you.   I hear some of the most beautiful forest surround the castle.   May we set up our new homes there?   We may be small but we are great protectors."

"Harry that is a wonderful idea.   Any who wish to stay here they may do so, anyone else may come with us.   In fact I will take you all there tomorrow so you may begin your building.   You will find that the forest is truly amazing."

Now after 6 hours of non-stop planning and rearranging, everyone had a new home.   Once the announcements were made, many began to pack and head out, eager to start their new lives without fear.    There were about 125 elves and dwarfs that decided to stay with the pack, but the others packed up and Vlad and Mae began taking them to the castle grounds.  

The next day, Knox chose 100 of his strongest warriors to also come with us.   Not one turned us down.   Many Omegas also volunteered to come along to work the kitchens and service the castle.   Although they were considered the low men/women on the rankings, Knox never treated them that way.   Without them a pack could not function.  

So now we have 100 warriors, their mates and 75 omegas all being transferred to the castle to begin preparations.   After several trips, Vlad, Mae and I were able to get everyone there.    Mae and my mom stayed on to direct everyone until Knox and I showed up.  

I could sense Knox's sadness with all the change that surrounded us.   He lived on this land his whole life.   Same as his father and grandfather.   It was going to be difficult for him to leave permanently.   

Right now we were standing looking over the lake where we used to picnic with the kids.  

"Knox, baby.   Are you okay?"

"Yeah I will be.   It is hard to say goodbye to a place I lived all my life.   I have a lot of memories here.   We made the right decisions.   It is our destiny to lead and the castle is the best location to do so.   I will be fine my love, no worries.  Come lets go address the pack for the last time."

Taking my hand we looked out over our lake and began our trek home...for the last time.