Chapter 3

Ella’s POV

 There was banging on the door.   It was dark outside and I was scared.   Did he find us?   Mommy was asleep on the bed and she didn’t look good.  

I was so scared.   I kept gripping my stuffed wolf, hoping that whoever was at the door would go away.

I crawled underneath the bed as the door started to open.  

Mommy, wake up mommy.   Help me…

Jane’s POV

 We arrived at the hotel, shifted and got dressed.   Running down the walkway to door marked number 13.   Knocking I called out Sophia’s name.   Come on Soph open the damn door.

Alex gently pushed me out of the way.   Leaning his body weight against the door, he broke the lock and walked inside.

Oh…my…god.

Sophia laid on the bed, passed out.   At least she looked like her.   The phone laid on the ground next to the bed.   The three guys ran over to her and rolled her onto her back.   I had to hold back the sob from escaping my lips.  

What did that bastard do to her?  Her face swollen and purple.   She had a cast on one arm, held up by a sling, and a bandage around her shoulder and neck.   Her breath was steady by shallow.   From the looks of it he tried to kill her.  

The men we assessing her injuries while talking to Doc Murphy who was still about 25 minutes away.   I stood there taking in the damage that my poor friend had to endure.   It was amazing she was still alive.    How the hell did she make it all the way here in this condition?   Tears ran down my cheeks as the men continued their examination.

Broken arm…dislocated shoulder…sprained ankle…stitches on her forehead…    

The list went on and on.   Soon the rest of the pack arrived and Doc Murphy took over.   Starting an IV in her good arm to administer medicine and fluids.   As the men helped the Doc, I started to gather their things.   A small black wolf laid on the floor next to the bed.   Then I noticed the young girl clothing laying on the chair.    ELLA!   Oh god, where is Ella.

Frantically I ran to search the bathroom and closet.   She had to be here.   Sophia would not leave Ella behind.   Oh no, what if something happened to her?  Guilt overwhelmed me.  

“ELLA!   Come on sweetheart, I know you are here somewhere.   You need to come out.   I am Jane and a friend of your moms.   She called me to come and get you both and take you to safety.   Please Ella where are you?”

Hearing me Alex began to survey the room.   The bed…that was the only other place is that we didn’t look.   Dropping to the floor she lifted the bedding and there laying on the ground was Ella.   Thank you Jesus.  

“Come on out baby.   We are here to help I promise you.    Your mommy called for us.”  

Slowly Ella crawled out from under the bed.   But kept her distance from any of us.   A gasp crossed my lips as I took in the damage done to the young girl.   Growls filled the room as the men also took noticed.   Children were precious to shifters and the fact that anyone dared to lay a finger on was inexcusable.   There wolves were not happy that someone abused not only a women but a child as well.  

Ella’s eyes grew wide at the sounds and backed further away until her back hit the wall.   Briefly they drifted to her mom and tears began to form.   The poor child and what she has gone through, it broke my heart.   I made my way over to her and crouched down to my knee so that we were level.  

“Ella, do not be afraid.   My name is Jane and once I was your mom’s best friend.   You are going to be okay now.   We will protect both of you.”  Handing her the stuffed wolf, she grabbed it immediately and tucked it to her chest.   “I gave you this wolf when you were just a baby.   Not more than a couple months old.   We named him Sammy.   I am glad to see he is still around.”  

At recognizing her wolf’s name, Ella began to cry quietly.   Reaching out I gently circled my arm around her shoulders and pulled her to my chest.   At first she tensed and then after a few minutes began to relax in my arms.  

I soothed Ella as I ran my hand down her blond hair.   Behind me the men got Sophia stabilized so that she could be transported in the van back to the pack hospital.  

Knowing that her husband was FBI, and a sick SOB, we were not taking any chances, all belonging were being search for tracking devices before we headed back to pack land.   We did not want this SOB to find us.  

“Ella honey, we need to take off all your clothes and I have some of my daughter’s pj’s you can put on.   We need to make sure your daddy didn’t put anything in your clothes to find you.”

Nodding her head I helped her into the bathroom to change.   Paul, one of the warriors took the time to scan the wolf and Sophia since we couldn’t change her clothing right now.   A tracking device was found in her shoe and was immediately destroyed.  

An hour later we were all loaded up and headed to pack land.   Sophia still has not woken up and I was getting concerned.   What the hell happened to them…