Chapter 38

Sophia’s POV

Things have calmed down these last few days and thank heavens for that.   It was nice to go a few days without any more surprises.    Although I don’t know what else could possibly pop up that didn’t already.  My life seemed like one giant roller coaster ride, all the ups and downs were making me sick. 

Vlad was finally contacted by Alpha George and they were set to attack next week, I have to say having an inside person really helped, especially with the preparation.  Knox had the men training constantly as well as resting so that they were prepared for the war.

When Vlad mentioned that the other alpha joked at our extra training would not save us, Knox went ballistic.   It was unheard of to betray your alpha, but it seems that we have a traitor living amongst us.    It was utter betrayal to an alpha when one of your own turned against you.   I tried to support Knox the best way I could but after everything I was physically exhausted trying to cope with all that has been going on.

I know I was supposed to be this big strong powerful bad-ass, but people just don’t change their perception of themselves over night.   For years I considered myself to be a coward and weak, doesn’t matter what the fates tell you.   I was struggling with gaining more confidence and courage.   I mean it was there inside of me, but more like in the background.   I couldn’t cope automatically, I needed time to process everything and I was but my mind kept drifting back to my grandmother.   The one person who I believed protected me, but again I was wrong.   The woman my mother told me died was very much alive and not only that but well known.  

Any of our kind feared the name Mae Winters.   As they should, she was considered the most lethal witch that worked for the Council.    It was hard to wrap my mind around my grandmother doing the dirty work of the Council, but I could not discount all the evidence.   She was a killer, wiping out entire species in the matter of hours.  

Just her name invoked fear into others.   When she showed up, consider yourself dead. 

And here I was hoping for a happy family reunion…guess not.  

As for everything else, well that seemed to fall into place now that I had time to process it.

My wolf/goddess and I were now completely in sync.   I shifted freely and loved to run in my wolf form, unfortunately I had to do it in the middle of the night so that no one would notice my purple fur.   I was okay with that, as long as I got to stretch my legs.   It felt so comfortable, so right in my wolf form.  

As of the goddess in me, well let’s just say that I no longer question my gifts.    After days of practicing I had a good handle on them.   I was no longer setting random fires or making objects disappear.   It was huge weight off my shoulders knowing that I wasn’t going to blow up the office again.  

Now after a long day of working, the kids, Knox and me were taking sometime as a family at the lake.   The kids were running and playing in the edge of the water.   Ella loved to be outside and it showed in her face how much she enjoyed our afternoons in the sun.

As we began to pack up an alert sounded.

Alpha…rouges have breached the border and are attacking.   North border.