Chapter 43

Knox’s POV

After spending the day with the kids, Sophia and I were tucked into our bed, simply enjoying the time together.   Alone time for us was so precious since it was a rare occurrence lately.   Not that I am complaining, but with the increase of people also meant the increase in planning and organization.   Thank heavens I had Vlad here assisting me in managing all of this.  

His recommendation on appointing a Beta for each species was genius.   Each species required certain needs and instead of dealing with the whole group, only the new Beta was knocking on my door.   The new system seemed to be working great, problems were getting solved faster and more efficiently. 

Looking down I noticed Sophia had drifted off to sleep.   My mate was so beautiful and truly was my everything.   Without her I was nothing.  It terrified me that I would lose her and even though she has all this power she is still killable.  

And I cannot forget about my precious daughter Ella.   I loved her so much and she meant to me as much as Noah did, even though I am not her real father.   Today she had me laughing so hard when she kept having flowers pop up around Noah, annoying him.   The poor boy would be sitting there and all of a sudden he would be surrounded by rows of flowers.   Angry at her he would get up and move.  By the end of the morning the field looked beautiful with all the different flowers she created, a true masterpiece if you ask me.  

Noah on the other hand didn’t like being teased by his little mate, and just got mad.   After lunch she hugged him and had flowers pop up spelling out I’m Sorry.   Sophia and I fell over we were laughing so hard and after a few minutes Noah joined in.   My boy was going to have his hands full when she grew up, at least he would never get bored!

Closing my eyes I drifted off to sleep dreaming of my mate and kids…

ALPHA!  ALPHA!

Snapping my eyes open I rubbed them trying to get the sleep out of them.  What is it Harry?

They are approaching Alpha.  I see wolves approaching from the Northside.  ETA is 10minutes.  What are our orders Sir?

Prepare your men and wait for my command.

Yes Alpha!

Sitting up I gently woke Sophia from her sleep, her confused eyes looked at me.

Attention all, prepare for attack.   Women and children please make your way to the underground safe rooms.   You all have your orders, wait for my commands.

Sophia jumped up and threw on some clothes, grabbing me she kissed me deeply.  “Be careful my love and don’t do anything stupid.   I will join you once I have the kids secure.”

Before I could reply she bolted to the kid’s room.   I really wish she would stay with them, but that argument did not go over well.   Let’s just say my office needed a remodel anyway.