Chapter 60

Sophia's POV

I could sense that Ella was scared but didn't know anything else.  Gaea knew exactly where she was but we couldn't just go in guns blazing so to speak.

The waiting was driving me crazy and after a very restless sleep I was extremely on edge.   Movement surrounded me as everyone prepared to themselves to take on Mae and Brian.   At this point I just wanted my daughter back.  

That thought that she was in the hands of either or both of them drove me crazy with worry.   Was she unharmed?  Warm?  Safe?   I didn't know and it was slowly driving me insane.

"ENOUGH Knox – we need to leave now.   I can feel Ella, she is terrified and I need to get to her.   Enough planning.   Everyone gather around it  is time to leave."

Vlad and his men, Raine, the witches and Knox all formed a circle In the grass.   "Okay everyone join hands and step closer together.   I am going to concentrate on Ella's location, and once I have it I will connect with you...hopefully this works."

Closing my eyes I allowed Gaea to reach out for the link.  Once I had a good hold on my connection to Ella, I reached out and touched Knox and Vlad.   Seconds later we reappeared in a forest.   A giant castle rested just ahead on the peak of the mountain.  

Any other time I would have found our surroundings beautiful but my focus now was getting to my daughter. 

Alright everyone, be alert and be careful.   I have a feeling that they Mae already knows we are hear.

Everyone seemed to nod in understanding seconds before the forest around us exploded.   Trees were suddenly engulfed in flames, while others fell over, blocking our path – caging us in.   Grabbing everyone's hands I transported us out and into the castle.  

Taking a second to make sure everyone was unharmed a noise at the end of the hall drew our attention. 

There at the end of the long corridor stood Ella with Mae behind her holding on to her arms.  

"Mama!"

"Ella sweetheart, are you okay?"

"Yes, but I am scared mama."

"I know baby, just stay strong and be brave."

God it was times like this I wished I could just transport something without having to touch it, that way we could get Ella away from Mae.  

"Mae let my daughter go.   Whatever your issue is with me, she is not involved.   Let her go, she is just an innocent little girl, your great-granddaughter for pete's sake."

Knox and Vlad both flanked me as we proceeded down the hall.   The others followed closely and watched our backs.   As we approached I could clearly see Mae's anger blanketing her face.