Epilogue

6 years later...

"Mommy the clouds are covering up my stars...I want to see my stars."

"I know Renee, but it is a bit cloudy tonight and clouds sometimes cover the stars, don't worry they are still there."

"No fair...Uncle Vlad do something, mommy won't make the clouds go away, and I want my stars."

"Now Renee you know we don't use magic just to get what you want."

Not happy with the answers she was getting; my 6 year old little girl looked up to the sky and waved her hand.  The clouds moved and the stars were able to shine down on us.  

With everyone laughing Vlad knelt down and gentle held Renee's hand.

"Well that surely explains your love for the stars and night.   Knox, Sophia I am pleased to introduce you to of Hera the goddess of women, marriage, the sky and starry heavens."

2 years after that...

"Noah if you would just listen to me...I will not get hurt I know what I am doing."

"And Ella if for once you would just stop and listen to your mate you wouldn't go running off getting yourself into trouble."

The two were constantly going at it and this argument was not a new one.   Noah had such a hard time letting his very powerful mate run off to explore her magic.   She constantly got hurt but nothing too serious.    It drove Noah crazy that he couldn't protect her.  

Knox and I quietly observed but stopped meddling years ago.   Our teenagers would have to work this out on their own.  

"Enough you two.   All you do is yell at each other and nothing ever gets resolved.   Why don't you talk about your problems instead of attacking each other?"

Our little 6 year old spitfire Kara stepped in between them halting their fight.  

"Stay out of this little one, Ella and I know what we are doing."

"Sure you do big brother, they tell me why you two have this fight several times a week and the whole family has to watch as you make Ella feel bad about exploring her powers?   Why you keep hurting her because you can't control her.   How about stop trying to control her actions and she won't get hurt?"

"Thank you Kara that is exactly what I keep saying.  I don't need him trying to tell me what to do.   My magic is a part of me and I need to practice to get stronger.  If he..."

"Yeah this is not all his fault Sophie, you are as much to blame.   Instead of running off without telling him were you are going, tell him.   Be honest on what you are doing and maybe he won't worry so much.   Give him the option of maybe coming with you sometimes instead of just disappearing.   He worries, did you ever think of his feelings?"