Chapter 49

Sophia’s POV

Knox, the kids and I were making our way back to the house after our picnic.   Since we have been back I have spent most of my time with them.   My wolf had an urgent need to be near them.   She insisted that they were safe, but needed their presence to calm her.     I didn’t question it because I loved my kids and couldn’t wait until we had more. 

Alex appeared on the steps as we approached.   “My King and Queen.   A call has just come through for you.   It is the Council.”

Handing the kids off to Jane, we made our way to Knox’s office. 

As Knox pushed the speaker phone button Vlad closed the door behind him.

Congratulations King Knox and Queen Sophia.   You have accomplished what those before you have not.”

“Thank you we are honored to have been chosen”

Yes chosen...interesting way of looking at it…since your full pack has not arrived yet, we will be there two days after they do.”

With a click the line went dead.   “Well I guess he is not one for conversation.”

“Yes that was Maximus.   Vampire.   Not much of a talker and has no patience for things he deems below him, which according to him is about everything.   He is very powerful, not as powerful as I am, but still powerful.”

Vlad went on explaining each member of the Council.   Giving us the details he knew.

Maximus – Vampire.   One of the oldest, next to Vlad.   He also had the ability to read a person, but only have he had consumed their blood.   He could transform into any animal.   Telepathic mind control and was an earth elemental.  

Edgar – Werewolf – due to being the oldest living werewolf alive, he was super strong and fast.   He could also mid-shift – apparently keeping the form of a human but the features of a wolf.   In that form he was considered his strongest.

Alice – Phoenix-shifter – can sprout wings and fly.   When in this form she can shoot balls of fire from her eyes.   Extremely fast and strong.  

Helen – Witch – Considered to be the strongest witch alive, even more so that Mae.   Can control all the elements. 

James – Warlock – Considered to be the strongest warlock alive, much like his mate Helen.   Also can control all elements.  

Since Vlad has kept his distance from the Council over the years his information was only what he observed.   Vlad suggested it was now time to address the pack and let them know what was transpiring.   Knox had some concern letting the wolf out of the bag, but we had no choice.  

I just hoped once they learned of the impending arrival of the Council they would still support us…