29 - Rescue

I had been with Nightmare's gang for three years and two months by the time we finished the plan to save the skeleton that was being forced to fight us. It was honestly a jumbled mess that a three year old could come up with, but we were counting on the fact that it could be so dumb that it would work. I was glad that we came up with a plan this quickly, because I wasn't lying when I said that the skeleton could counter all my attacks; he had even learned to block some attacks that I didn't know existed until I tried them. He was a strong opponent, and I had almost died every time I faced him, which I didn't exactly enjoy; the good thing was that this time around, we were going to rescue the skeleton and his ghostly companion from Ink's contol. Huh, that kind of made it sound like we were the heroes of this story; I guess that made Ink the villain- who would have guessed? We were currently in battle, ready to initiate the plan we had created. I was in a pretty intense battle with Ink and the skeleton at the moment, while Papyrus was talking with his friend; I wasn't doing so well in a double team.

We had started this as an independence test, since we didn't want Dream to be involved; he wouldn't come unless Nightmare came with us. Nightmare was with Error, watching us through a portal, and was ready to step into the universe at any time. When I gave the signal, which was dropping a knife (terrible signal, by the way), they both entered the universe, and immobilized the skeleton while I kept Ink busy; he didn't seem too happy about this, which was understandable, given the fact that he wanted this skeleton to fight us. I didn't get more than a glance at Error's handiwork, but from what I did see, it was actually incredible; I should have gotten somebody to record that. Killer, Horror, and I managed to force the protectors to flee without the unfortunate skeleton. When we walked over to Nightmare and Error, Nightmare quickly opened a portal home, in case they came back, and laid the skeleton on a couch, allowing Error to finish his work. I did record this, and it was a spectacle indeed; Error really knew how to move his magic inside a soul.

"So how is he?" Nightmare was curious.

"Ink probably made him from scratch, and put a lot of time into him, by the looks of it." Error looked a bit stressed. 

"How so?"

"Other than the fact he wrote every line of code by hand, he also wrote them in different languages, which doesn't change the functions at all if done correctly, but it does make it harder to remove anything because I have to remove it in every language."

"Code?" Killer was confused. "Like a computer?"

"Hm, somewhat. Everyone has lines of code in them, but I'm not exactly sure why; it makes it easier to manipulate someone if you can access their code. If you'll take a look here, you may notice binary, hexadecimal, base 64, and I think Ink even used Morse code to make him, which is annoying."

"So we're walkin' computers?"

"No, we're very much real beings. We just have those characteristics; I believe it somehow relates to the fact that we have healthbars."

It was a shame I wasn't listening to this conversation; I could have probably given some information, but Paps and I were too interested in the welfare of the skeleton to pay attention. Although I had lost the magic that formed dust, healthbars, check boxes, and apparently code, I still had the last three as a part of me; they just didn't work properly. Along with my inevitable fate of not turning to dust, my healthbar and check box didn't work at all, and I had no idea what my code looked like. The skeleton had fallen asleep and looked rather peaceful as Error sorted through his code. I hoped that he would be a friend, but even if he wouldn't, I would be nice to him; being under someone's control probably wasn't the nicest experience. After a few hours, Error had finally sorted through and edited the code in the sleeping skeleton, and we just had to wait for him to wake up. We decided to place him in the guest room so he didn't have to wake up on the couch; plus, we hadn't actually used it since I first got there, and a guest room was for guests, after all!