ATE - Extras 3

Hehe, there's more!

"Probably won't be for a while," I said.

Three weeks later:

Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy reading this group of shorts as much as I enjoyed writing it!

Comments are welcome and appreciated!

~~~~~

"Camping"

This short was requested by loseafy!

Classification: more on the fluff side.

Warnings: threats, small violence.

Canonicity: canon.

~~~~~

"Come on, Dusty!" Ink urged me to continue, despite the fact that I was carrying everything! He was carrying nothing!

"I-I can't!" I wasn't strong enough to lift so much weight, not to mention the fact that I couldn't see anything!

"Hurry up, or I'll give you a reason to!"

"I c-can't!" I nearly tripped over a rock, almost dropping everything.

Ink's growl didn't stop me from my hesitation; I would have much rathered to deal with a punishment from him than to fall into a lingering ravine of some sort, never to be heard from again! I whimpered slightly when I was pushed to the ground, seeing the clearing we were in for the first time. All of Ink's equipment lay on the ground around me as Ink grabbed my jacket and raised me up to his eyelight level.

"Now, Dusty." Ink's voice was suddenly more scary when there was no threat of falling into a ravine. "This trip is not going to be ruined by you; in fact, it would give me much pleasure to torture you out here, but we are not here for that. We are here to wait for a rebel band to show up so I can capture them, and, fortunately for you, childish screaming could drive them off their path. Until they arrive, you are in charge of making me comfortable, all right?"

I nodded, resulting in Ink's dropping me.

"Good, now set up the tent." Ink ordered.

"I..d-don't know how.." I admitted fearfully; Ink groaned.

It was rather funny watching Ink set up a tent, since he had no idea how to do it, either! He slapped me hard enough to crack my skull when I laughed, but it was worth it! In the end, Ink banned the first tent from existence and placed an already-made backup one in its stead, lying down inside to rest. After a minute or so, Ink spoke to me from inside the tent.

"Dusty, bring me a pillow and a blanket." He demanded.

I sighed, crawling over to the fallen backpack to grab the requested items before giving them to Ink. Despite the large amount of items Ink had made me carry all the way here, none of them were for me..except for my Hope, which I simply refused to leave without. The only reason we were even here was because the rebel band had set up a magic-blocking device along their predetermined route, and Ink had decided that he and I could last a day or so in the wilderness. I didn't know why I had to come, but I supposed that Ink didn't want to do anything for himself..I was just his servant for today. When Ink was satisfied, I lay down on the bare ground, laying my skull on the backpack to gain some sense of comfort..I was tired. Of course, before I could attempt to grab some sleep, Ink interrupted my short peace, demanding some water! But we hadn't brought water.