J - 4 - Judgment

I woke up with a small yawn; had I fallen asleep during the cuddle? I must have..I didn't even have a bad dream! I smiled when I realized that I had woken up without any visions of my captivity. Stretching slightly, I looked up to see my family waking me softly.

"Are you awake, Dust?" Nightmare questioned. 

"Uh-huh." I nodded, happy to see my family.

"It's..time to go.." Nightmare didn't seem to excited about that. "Are you ready?"

"Yeah.." I knew I wasn't, but I had to do it. "Um..Dad?"

"Yes, my son?"

"Could..um, nevermind..it's stupid.."

"Dust, I'm sure it isn't." Nightmare placed a comforting hand on my shoulder. "What did you want?"

"Um..c-could you maybe.." 

"I'm listening."

"C-could you maybe..carry me?" 

Nightmare smiled. "Of course I can do that."

"Th-thank you.." 

I felt comforted as Nightmare picked me up and held me close; I needed that. I held onto his jacket tightly as he opened a portal and led the others through; Error was waiting for us in the universe. We were outside a large building, but I didn't get a very good look at it; I only knew that it was tall and gray. We entered the building quickly, not wanting to attract any unwanted attention; we were still the apparent criminals in the multiverse. I clutched to Nightmare for the entire walk. When we reached a large double door, Nightmare read a sign that was on it, basically stating that a meeting of different multiverses was going on and that anyone who was late should quietly take a seat. Well, we weren't going to do that. Nightmare opened the door rather abruptly, and the sound echoed through the room, alerting everyone to our presence. The talking that could before be heard ceased, and all attention turned to us; I looked away from the crowds, preferring to bury my face in Nightmare's jacket.  

"Nightmare, what are you doing here?!" He spoke..I shivered at the stern tone.

"Ink Sans, I formally accuse you of breaking the most sacred law in the monster code." Nightmare didn't waste any time; I heard multiple gasps.

"That's ridiculous! I've never broken anything of the sort!"

"Ink, I'm going to have to ask you to remain silent." Classic Sans spoke up. "This is a serious accusation, and a trial must be held. Can anyone back up the accusation?"

"I can." Outer confirmed.

"As can I." The swapped Papyrus joined.

"Very well." Classic Sans said. 

As soon as that was said, just about everyone in the meeting room was led to a courtroom. In an instance such as this, it didn't matter who the accuser was; they weren't to be harmed, which ensured our safety. Soon enough, Ink was placed in a defendant's seat, Classic Sans was in a judge's seat, and my family were placed in the prosecution's place. It was decided that Dream would act as the defense, and Nightmare was the head prosecutor.

~~~~~

Just a side note, I've never been in a courtroom, and this is probably not a good representation of a trial. Thank you.

~~~~~

"All right." Classic Sans started the trial. "Ink Sans versus the monster code. Prosecution, state your claim."