53 - End

We were ready.

One and half months ago, Ink had started taking control of me, and I hated it every time; it had to stop before something bad happened. I didn't know how many times I had hurt Papyrus, and I didn't want to know; Papyrus is the best, and he shouldn't have been exposed to that. The others had been hard at work preparing our counter for Ink's control, and they had finally adjusted the panels enough to completely cancel out a specific feeling; it would only be fear towards Ink, though: removing the entire emotion of fear from me could have been devastating. We decided to do it in one of the unused storage rooms, which was the perfect place, really; there was plenty of space if something went wrong. My family, Dream, and Classic Sans were in the storage room, eagerly awaiting the results; if this didn't work, we would have had to find something else. When we were ready, Nightmare began to explain what we would be doing.

"Right." Nightmare looked around. "This room should be able to cancel out any fear you hold towards Ink and hopefully sever the link he has made with you. All you have to do is take a seat and wait for us to hook everything up."

"All right." I sat in a chair that had been helpfully provided and waited as the others set up the equipment.

"You'll be fine, brother!" Papyrus encouraged. "We'll protect you!"

"Thanks, Paps. You're the best."

"I am the Great Papyrus!"

"That should do it; we're ready!" Error smiled.

"I hope it works!" Killer jumped. 

"Y-yeah!" Cross was ready.

"Let's do i'!" Horror urged.

"Get ready!" Nightmare turned on the panel.

The others left the room to avoid any adverse affects, and the panel began to work. My soul was being filled with feelings of bravery and courage, which was exactly what I expected; it was supposed to make me lose my fear of Ink, after all. As these feelings flooded into my soul, I noticed that I really did feel brave, and it was exciting! When I thought of Ink, I didn't feel scared! I believed the plan was working; it had to be working. When Ink tried to take me over, surely this would stop him! The feelings filled my soul for a few minutes, strengthening my defense against Ink and making my connection to him weaker; I knew it was working. It continued for a few minutes more, and I felt that my previous fear of him was silly; I knew it wasn't, but we were trying to accomplish a goal, and it was becoming clear that the goal was in sight. After what felt like ten minutes, my soul came out on its own, and my eyelights widened; there was what looked to be a string connected to my soul, and it was fading - fading fast. I used my camera to record the event; this was a momentous moment in history, after all: nobody had ever broken a link before. When it was finished, the others reentered the room.

"Did it work?" Killer quickly asked.

"I'll be darned if it didn't." I chuckled.

"Shall we go see what Ink has to say about it?" Nightmare needed to confirm.

"Sure."

"Oh, I do hope it worked, brother!" Papyrus picked me up and hugged me tight.

"I do too."

Paps carried me all the way to the basement, but I didn't mind; the hallways felt a bit empty without the students crowding them. I wondered where they were; was it some form of recess? I wasn't sure. When we reached the lower level, we were quickly met with an angry Ink. I didn't even remember going down the stairs...something weird was going on.