43 - Determination

I was in an interrogation room with Ink; my magic was suppressed, but I didn't care. I had just released Error from prison with the help of Papyrus, Chara, and the kid. I wondered what they were doing at the moment; Paps was probably telling Error how I was actually alive - Paps is the best. I had just revealed my identity to Ink, and he seemed rather angry.

"Dust?" Ink squinted. "I killed you. What are you doing alive?"

"Just thought I'd help out a friend." I chuckled.

"How are you alive?"

"If I told you, it wouldn't be a secret."

"There are no secrets kept from me in my multiverse."

"First off, it isn't your multiverse; we were just unlucky enough to have you here."

"I rule. What exactly were you thinking: that it would be just like when I was the innocent Protector of Alternate Universes?"

"Yeah."

"Well, it's not going to be like that this time, because I'm not a protector anymore; I'm a dictator, and I happen to dislike you."

"I can't be liked everywhere I go."

"You don't seem to be grasping this concept; I could tear you apart in public, and nobody would stop me. I would love to do that."

"Then why aren't you? You're supposed to be a dictator, right? Why not strike a little fear in the masses? Or were you afraid they were going to rebel if you terrorized them too much?"

"This is part of why I hate people like you. You're always right. They would begin to use desperate tactics, and there would be an uprising, which is why I won't do that; instead, I think I'll just hide you away, or maybe I could just turn you into a guard. What do you think?"

"I think you're going to have an awfully hard time hiding me away if I start yelling."

"Nobody questions anything anymore; those who do are too afraid to stand up, and I'm perfectly content with allowing them to question me as long as they don't spread it around too much."

"You're pretty brave, aren't you?"

"I'm an immortal with virtually unlimited power, and the only thing standing in my way at the moment is the fact that you released Error." Ink stopped for a moment. "I just got a brilliant idea!"

"You should think less; it's bad for you."

"I can simply use you to get Error back under my control!"

"Bad idea; don't do that."

"What, are you scared of me?"

"Actually anything is scarier than you, but that idea of yours just sounds painful."

"You're right; it does sound painful. I won't use you as bait; instead, I'll keep you here for my own purposes: I've been needing to test a few things concerning codes, and I believe I've found the perfect test subject!"

"I really don't like your thought processes."

"Well, I don't like you, so I guess that makes us even."

Ink stood up from the table smoothly and walked to a door in the back of the room, knocking on it a few times for it to open.

"Y-yes, Sir?" A guard on the outside was obviously frightened of Ink.