S - 2 - Questioning

"Please, please, please, please, pease, please!" I had been begging the core to just work! 

"Brother, I have found something in the instruction manual." Papyrus alerted.

"Instruction manual?!" 

"Brother, did you forget that the core had an instruction manual?"

"...Maybe."

"You need to connect the magic stabilizer to the storage lane."

"Thanks, Paps. You're the best." 

"I am the Great Papyrus!"

I did as Paps told me, and lights started to turn on...and they stayed on! I started thanking Paps repeatedly as I checked the systems; he really is the best! As soon as I had fully stabilized the systems, I decided to start my search for any type of food; I knew that there were no more stashes, but surely there had to be something..maybe there were some forest fruits? I hoped so. As I walked through the dust-filled underground, memories of my isolation started to come back to me; I didn't know how many times I had walked down these paths..it must have been millions. When I reached my house, I decided to search for food before checking on the others; they would have been getting hungry by now, and I didn't want them to starve before we were checked on. I started searching the forest, trying to find anything edible..it didn't have to taste good, just be edible. To my joy, there were a few tree berries that I had passed up while in isolation, and they were still good; that was utterly amazing. It took a few hours, but I had successfully - with Papyrus's help - collected enough berries to last us..a week? At most? It would have to do. After that, I started to make my way home. 

I found the lights in my house on when I approached it; that meant power, and power meant..electricity? It meant we could use the VCR, at least; I figured that watching a few movies would have been exciting, since everybody liked movie nights..we would have had a lot of time for that. When I reached my house, I opened the door, finding..nobody. They must have decided to explore..I hoped they stayed out of my study. After placing the tree berries in the kitchen, I walked upstairs, finding the door to my study..cracked open. They had found it, all right; I knew it would have happened sooner or later, but I should have warned them, first. With a sigh, I opened the door, finding my family reading the books I had left behind so long ago..

"Dusty?" Killer noticed my presence.

"You could've asked.." I hinted.

"You were gone for so long!" 

"I had to find some food; I've got enough to last maybe a week, but we need to ration it.."

"Dust.." Nightmare looked at me sadly. "Why didn't you tell us?"

"..." I didn't want to talk about that now. "How about we go watch a movie?"

"All right.."

"Tell us why after?" Error hoped.

"Maybe.." I nodded.

"Do ya have any blankets?" Killer was cold.

"Yeah..you guys get comfortable downstairs; I'll get pillows and blankets."

"All right!"

The others went downstairs to the living room, and I walked over to my old bedroom; I had never thought I'd return..but things didn't always work out that way, did they? I walked over to what had used to be my bed, reaching for a few folded blankets; I had actually cleaned my room during my isolation, much to Paps's ecstasy. After grabbing six of the softest blankets in the bunch, I moved for six pillows, but Paps helped me carry most of the stuff; he's the best. We went downstairs to meet the others, and everyone received a blanket and pillow to snuggle with..I wondered why they hadn't picked a movie yet.