ALP - 12 - Desperation

We had been living with the Outertale brothers for seven years and three months by this time, and we were one of the happiest families in the multiverse! We played with eachother and others regularly, we created new games on the spot, Ink was still locked up, and we had our friends close by. There were a couple problems, though; we still hadn't managed to take off those bracelets, which posed a bit of a problem, and we weren't growing. We had been tiny children for over eight years, and, although we liked being small, we still couldn't see over the counters at stores; actually, Error and Nightmare could see a little, but the rest of us were a bit hopeless in that aspect. As for the bracelets, we had pretty much accepted that they weren't coming off - except me. I needed that bracelet off! I needed to see Papyrus again! I'd had no direct contact with my brother for nearly a decade, and I wanted to see him! I wanted to talk to him and hear his stories! I wanted to laugh at the jokes he had..and I wanted to have my brother back. I wanted him back..I needed him back. I would have given up nearly anything to have him back! I just had to wait..

"Are you sure you want to try this?" The swapped Papyrus didn't know if it was a good idea.

"What have I got to lose?" I saw nothing.

"Your friends? Your life?" 

"Papyrus is my life.."

"..I understand. I would do anything if Blue was out of reach.."

"Thanks."

"Just..be careful."

"I will."

"Are we ready?" The swapped Sans wondered. 

"I'm ready."

"All right!" The swapped Sans pulled out a blowtorch. "Hold still!"

I held my wrist as still as I possibly could as the swapped Sans ignited the blowtorch and tried to burn the bracelet off. Long story short, my arm was in a cast, and the bracelet remained intact; that wasn't a good idea. The day after that occurred, my family was gathered in the Outertale brothers' living room, and we were playing a game together. 

"Dusty, how do ya feel?" Killer was the lead doctor.

"I'm in a terrible state, doctor." My arm still burned.

"How didjya get this injury?"

"A blowtorch."

"Interestin.'"

"Can we fix it, doctor?" Error asked.

"I dunno."

"What are you doing out of bed, Dust?" Outer had entered the room.

"Playing.." I responded.

"Dust, you need bed rest."

"It doesn't hurt that bad.." I didn't want to be stuck in bed.

"You still need it."

"Fine.." I sighed, getting up off the floor.

"I'll bring you up some lunch later."

"Okay.."

I walked up to Outer's room, where my bed was located. Half of us took residence in Outer's room, and the other half slept in Starstruck's room; Error, Killer, and I were in Outer's room, while Nightmare, Cross, and Horror were in Starstruck's. We had even gotten our own little beds in each room; the Outertale brothers were very kind. When I reached my bed, I slowly climbed into it and sat there for a while, eventually starting to cry as Papyrus's floating scarf nestled near me; I missed him so much..I wanted him back!