*The Decision*

POV: Y/N

You just got home after an exhousting day of work when you realize something is off... Usually you get home to a warm house with your husband cooking.
You decide to go upstairs and check to see if he's in bed waiting for you but when you did, you wished you'd never came home....

You quickly pack your things and get on the first plane you could catch, which was to Seattle. You knew an old friend lived there so you decided to go there and see if he could help.

You knock on the door and to your surprise a little girl opens the door.
Zola Grey-Shepherd: Daddy someone is at the door! It's a lady.
Derek Shepherd: "Zola sweetie, go play with your siblings in another room okay?" She replied and went up to her room with her siblings.
Derek Shepherd: "Y/N what are you doing here it's been so long since the last time i saw you".

Before he could finish his sentence you break down in his arms. He brings you inside and talk for a while about what happend and why she was here.

Y/N: And then i just saw it.. i-i came as soon as i could to start over here. But i have no job and i don't know where to go-

Derek's pager goes off and offers you to go with him since he didn't want to leave you alone, you decide to go with him and try to help since you had nothing better to do. You both arrive at the hospital  and go to the ER

April kepner: Doctor Shepherd looks like you brought a friend.
Derek Shepherd: It's lovely to see you too Kepner, what do we got?
April kepner: 37 year old male with obvious trauma to the head, i also paged Grey and Torres for the other injuries.
Y/N: Where do you want me Derek?
Derek Shepherd: Get me a head-CT and try to book an OR doctor Drew!
Meredith Grey and Callie Torres: what do we got?
April Kepner: 37 year old male with bleeding to the obdaminal and a pretty bad leg trauma.
Meredith Grey: I need to get in there fast or he won't-
April Kepner: He's crashing!

They got him too the OR you booked just in time, it's been a few hours into the surgery and you are walking around the hospital looking to help

Miranda Bailey: I'm sorry but who are you?!