"Geez, Spooky"

Monday

"Would you help me bring in the new shipments?" Randy asked you when he reached the front counter.

"Yeah whatever." You say leaving one of your other co-workers in charge of the desk.

Randy and you head out to the back, and stop at a truck loaded with boxes full of movie cases.

"Can you grab those," Randy points to a spill of movies in the truck, "They must have spilled while the truck was on the road."

"Sure." You say, Randy walks inside the store caring two boxes with him.

The spilled movies had fallen all the way to the back of the truck, you climbed in and went to reach for the cases when you heard a loud bang behind you.

You jumped spinning around to see Billy standing behind you, he had dropped something on the metal truck door.

"Billy gosh!"

"Sorry, didn't mean to scare you." Billy picked up the phone and put it into his pocket.

"What are you doing with a mobile phone?" You ask Billy as the phone slips into his pocket.

"Just had to make a few calls while I was out, plus they're all the rage these days." Billy looks down at his watch at his face turns to an expression on surprise. "I've got to be somewhere, talk to you tomorrow at school."

"Alright bye." You say waving away Billy, you finish picking up the movies, grab a couple of boxes and head into the store.

"Phone for you." Randy says as he rushes past you to get the final boxes.

"Oh crap- is it Casey?" You ask, forgetting you needed to call her.

"I don't think so." Randy said before slipping out the door.

You put the boxes in the back room and make your way to the phone, "Hello?" You ask.

"Took you long enough." A raspy voice on the end of the line says, not really in a joking type of way.

"Who's this?" You ask looking down at your watch, it was getting kind of dark and the last thing you wanted was to call Casey while Steve was already over.

"What's your favorite scary movie?" The voice asked you in a deep low growl like tone.

"Billy? Is this you? No wonder why you were carrying around that phone. To make prank calls, that's so unoriginal of you, I'm disappointed." You said with a small laugh.

"Maybe because I'm not Billy." The voice got louder when it said the word Billy, your next guess was going to be Randy but he came right back in the door boxes in hand, but no phone.

"Ok so who are you?" You asked, your voice unwillingly shaking.

"The question isn't who am I, the question is where am I?" You looked around, the windows were dark with the night, Randy was in the back room pulling out movies from the boxes, and no one else was in the store.

"Can you see me right now?" You asked.

"Uh-huh." The mysterious person said, you imagined him nodded while he said this.

"Ok so what am I doing?" You asked holding up your middle finger towards the window. Randy looked at you curiously and you just shook him off.

There was a long silence over the phone.

"Yeah ok, nice try bye now!" You said taking the phone away from your ear.

"IF YOU HANG UP NOW I'LL GUT YOU LIKE I GUTTED SIDNEY'S MOTHER!!!!" The voice yelled, you pulled the phone back up to your ear.

"Fuck you!" You yelled before slamming the phone back on the receiver.

Randy looked up at you, "What the hell was that?" He asked, mad you might have driven away a potential costumer.

"A prank call I guess." You said in a calm voice, but as you went for the phone again you realized you hands were shaking pretty bad. "I'm going to call Casey."

Randy looked at the clock on the wall, "It's closing time, make it fast." He said walking towards the back door to lock up.

You picked up the phone and dialed Casey's number.

The phone gave you continuous short beeps, telling you it was in use.

"That's weird." You said under your breath, who could she be on the phone with at this time of night?

"Can you drive me home, my cars still in the shop?" Randy asked, he had ran into a light post recently and had some pretty bad damage to his car.

"You have some serious problems with driving cars." You laughed slipping on your jacket.

"This is the second time I've wrecked it, only the second." Randy pleaded holding up two fingers.

You smiled back at him, the two of you now walking towards the door, "Wanna know how many times I've gotten into a wreck?" You asked grinning.

"Let me guess hmmm zero?" Randy said in a joking tone.

"Zero times, exactly."

Randy was about to make a smarty comment when a flash of blue and red rushed by, and a second. The police car sirens rang loud in your ear.

"Geez, spooky." Randy said making his way to your car parked right out front of the store.

He opened the side door and hopped in, you followed behind getting in the drivers seat.

"Wanna take the scenic route?" You asked pulling out, "We need to see a nice view."

"What? Besides the highway? I love the view of the highway." Randy sighed.

"Oh please."

Randy laughed as you shoved his arm.

The scenic route took the two of you through on open neighborhood full of nice, rich houses. Then through a forest and finally past the neighborhood of Casey Becker.

The houses in her neighborhood consisted of a lot but they were very far spread out, which gave you more view of farm like yards.

"On a gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, In a dusty black coat with a red right hand." Randy sung reaching a hand out to turn up the volume on the radio, which was playing Red Right Hand, by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds.

"Woah, woah, woah!" You said slapping away Randy's hand from the radio.

"What?" Randy asked following the direction of your glance, "Oh my G-" Randy's voice faded out.

The two of you stared in the direction of Casey Becker's house, which was flooded with a wave of blue and red flashing lights.

When you got close enough you slowed down and saw Mrs. Becker in the arms of a hospital worker, she was bawling her eyes out.

The was a cart with a black bag over it, a body bag, was being wheeled into the ambulance.

"No-" You cried, opening the car door.

"Wait!" Randy called after you, he hurried out of the car following you. He put a hand on your shoulder.

Mr. Becker was in the middle of talking to one of the police, his cheeks were stained with tears. He looked up and shook his head, before throwing his hands up to cover his tears.

Your eyes shifted to another black bag, this time the top wasn't fully zipped up and you could make out the features of your best friend, Casey Becker.

"Oh my gosh!" You cried spinning around and fumbling into Randy's arm, who wrapped his arms around you and put a hand on the back of your head.