"A Son."

As everyone went their separate ways, you and Stu made your way to the achieves.

"Are you worried about my sins coming back to bite us in the ass because of Randy's stupid rules?" Stu said as you grabbed your access out of your pocket.

"What?" You replied giving him a look, lost in thought about everything that has been going on, including the fact Stu could be lying to you.

"I already told you I didn't kill anybody." Stu scoffed.

"Yeah I know." You didn't look back at him, instead you continued to walk towards the door.

"But you don't believe me." You heard him stop walking behind you.

"Of course I believe you Stu but you have to understand how this looks." You turned to him, stopping in your tracks.

"How what looks?" He asked, taking a step towards you.

You let out a sigh and looked up at him. "The fact that you know more than you're letting on about Maureen Prescott's death. You said Billy killed her but there's evidence now proving that is a lie and you've even admitted to knowing something more you just won't say what that is."

Stu looks at you, a confusing expression on his face.

"Come on, Stu. You know if we are going to make this work, we have to be completely honest with each other."

"I don't know who he was working with." Stu started, keeping his voice low enough so only you could hear him. "But I do know that he said he knew someone related to Maureen and close enough with her that he learned to hate her and what she did. A son."

"What-" You couldn't think, the idea of Maureen having an unknown backstory was something you all had to live with but her having other children...

"Of course." You continued, "It was known she fucked around, I mean she was having an affair the night of the murder. It's not too far off to assume she could have had a child with someone else."

Stu bit his bottom lip. "But that's just the think, I never met him, never saw him. It was all Billy. The things he told me about him were so sketchy, I never believed him, I just assumed he wanted someone else to blame for her death."

"I don't think we should blow this off especially with the stuff this new killer is leaving for us."

Stu looked down at you. "So do you trust me now?"

"I never stopped trusting you Stu! I just want to be open with each other."

"Well I've shared now, is there anything you want to share?" He grinned and took another step closer to you and wrapped his arms around your waist.

You smiled up at him. "I don't trust Kincaid." You said.

"What! That dreamy guy!" Stu pretended to be shocked.

"Oh shut up!" You laughed, still wrapped in Stu's arms. "I'm serious, I think he's hiding something."

"Yeah, he's hiding his love for you. The guy obviously likes you, I think he's just trying to be friendly." Stu said giving you a kiss on the top of your head.

"Well, I don't think I'm in the position right now to be making new friends."

You mind instantly went to Mickey and your heart hurt. It was weird looking back at him as such a monster but in the moment, you trusted him with your life. He was your first friend after the incident.

There were moments when you actually did normal college things with each other, like partying or watching horror movies while it stormed outside.

Now you understood why he wanted to be your friend so bad, and that it had all been an act, even though it felt so real.

After Mickey you still hadn't opened up to anyone new.

Stu saw your distant look and decided to change the subject.

"As much as I love you in my arms, we should probably get into those archives." His words broke your train of thought.

"Right." You sighed, turning back to the door and sliding your access card into the lock.

"Ugh basements creep me out." You said as the two of you made your way past the entrance and down the stairs.

"Yeah, but I'm here so everything is better." Stu grinned.

"My hero." You said through a smile as you looked around you when you got down the stairs.

"There was a gate around the room with all the files, you and Stu followed it until you reached the door and a woman behind a desk.

"Hello." You said as you walked up to the woman. "I'm looking for information about this girl," You pulled out the picture and placed it on her desk, "Her name is Maureen Prescott. Or at this time it was probably Roberts."

"And why should I discard the studio's rules and help you?" The woman asked, with distain in her eyes.

"That's fucking Y/N Y/L, right here lady." Stu said, grabbing your arms. "I'm sure the studio would hate to hear about how you disrespected her."

You clinched your jaw, really hoping that your small Woodsboro status might be useful.

"Whatever." The woman sighed, getting up. "I'm retiring in two years anyways, what does it matter."

You gave Stu a sarcastic smile as he beamed with pride when the woman got up and led you to the file room.

"If you're looking for Maureen Prescott, you're never going to find her. But Rina Reynolds, you will." She handed you a file with Maureen's young face on the cover.

"Ah, a stage name." Stu admired, impressed.

"God, what are these movies?" You scanned the list of names that sounded cheaply made.

"Horror movies, back in Milton's heyday."

"Back in what?" You asked her, wondering if she was talking about the same Milton you met on the first day, who was working with Roman, and producing the new Stab movie before it got shut down.

"John Milton. The horror producer, those were all his movies." So he had more to do with this than you thought.

You eyed Stu behind you.

"Thank you for your help." You smiled at her, handing back the file.

"Keep it." She waved you off. "Maybe there's something in here that will help you catch that damn copycat."

"Oh thanks." You said, shocked. "Come on Stu let's get out of here, we have to tell Dewey about this."

"You can take the back way out of this place, it's faster." She smiled, pointed to the far door.

"Thanks again, really." You said walking off.

"Anything for Y/N L/N." She called out, mocking you.

You heard Stu draw in a breath and you elbowed him in the stomach.

"Hey!" He said. "I thought she would care about your popularity-"

"Oh shit-" You gasped cutting him off as you opened up the back door.

"What?" He asked following you out, the door slamming behind the two of you.

"Right, I forgot we were right by Woodsboro." You let out a sigh as you look at all the houses, including Stu's. It wasn't the same as the first time you had been here though, now all the lights were turned off and nobody was around.

A loud crash came from the left, you and Stu both jumped.

"Let's get out of here." He said turning back to the door and trying the handle. "Locked." He banged on the door, but there was no response.

"It's fine, we'll just go out the front." You turned your back to Stu and locked eyes with the dark eyes of the ghost mask.

"Shit-" You gasped as a knife pierced the side of your stomach.