"She's Bringing Cotton Weary"

A/n:

Hey!! i hope everyone is enjoying the story, sorry it took forever to be published i haven't been home.
Also i got like the ultimate guide to Scream magazine, so i will be posting pictures of that, cause it's so damn cool!
Thank you for 130k reads!!! That's so cool!!
I'm always open for any feedback you might have.
One last thing, stupid HBO took all the Screams off so i do not know the exact timeline of Scream 2, I'm just going off of memory for these few chapters.
Thank you! Enjoy!

Sunday
"It's been two weeks since the movie Stab was released into theaters, and exactly three days since the bloody murders that happened in our very own Woodsboro theaters." Gale said over the TV. "I'm here outside of the crime scene to see if I can get any inside scoops, and don't forget to tune in tomorrow. I'll be going to Woodsboro College to talk to the survivors of the first mur-"

"Fuck." You flip off the TV and stare out the window, the bright morning sun raise already creeping in through the window, and with the new day came Gale Weathers.

"Have you heard the news?" Hallie asks as she runs through the front door.

"That depends, what-"

"Gale Weathers is coming! Here! To our college! I'm going to meet Gale Weathers!" Hallie said as she threw shopping bags on her bed. "What am I going to wear?"

"So I guess we heard the same news." You sigh.

"Yeah, I would look my best if I were you," Hallie says, "She's coming here for you and she's bringing Cotton Weary-"

"What!" You jump off of the bed, "Why is she bring Cotton, I don't have anything to do with him being framed, that was Sidney. May she rest in peace."

"Yeah it was Sidney but now you are like the only one left for Cotton to yell at so..." Hallie trailed off.

"Please tell me you're going to be there with me."

"Oh honey, I am not missing the opportunity to be on Gale's show." Hallie said as she held up different outfit on her in the mirror.

"Thanks I guess." You sigh and fall back onto the bed.

It didn't take that long for the knock to come on your door, you almost wanted to act like you weren't home but then you heard Randy and Mickey's voice.

"Open up, Gale is on the campus and she's looking for you."

"Come be the new top story."

"Fuck off!" You mumble into the pillow, to quiet for the guys to actually hear you.

Hallie storms out of the bathroom and opens the door for them, "Now can everyone please be quiet so I can get ready to meet Gale."

"Well at least someone is excited to see her." Mickey laughs as he walks over to your small fridge.

"You know she did basically save your life." Randy sits on the corner of your bed.

"I know, and I love Gale, but this whole Cotton Weary thing is not about me, I don't want to get dragged into it."

"I'll be right there by your side." Randy gives you a comforting smile.

"Fuck." You heard Mickey say silently in the small closet, which you called you kitchen. "She's here." He said as he ran into your bedroom.

Hallie ran into the room as well and looked you up and down, "Oh baby, you are not ready to go on TV."

It took Hallie less than thirty minutes to get you ready, which just consisted of a change of clothes.

There was another knock on the door and everyone froze.

"Hello is anyone in there? It's Dewey." Said the voice from the other side of the door.

You let out a breath and opened the door for him, he almost fell into the room as he was resting on the door when you opened it.

"Oh, I see everyone has already heard." He says looking around at all the people in your dorm, who nodded back at him. "Listen Gale wants to have a quiet sit down with you before putting you on TV."

"Dewey you know this is crazy, right?" You asked following him out of the room, everyone else at your heels. "I don't even know Cotton Weary."

"Yeah, I told her that as well, and good news, Cotton won't be pestering you. He's just here to be on TV." Dewey said.

"So you already met up with Gale?" Randy asks, leaning over your shoulder.

Dewey nodded his head.

"And how was that?" Randy continued.

"Well, about as awkward as any ex meet-up." Dewey kept his pace walking down the hallway.

"Holy shit! You had a thing with the Gale Weathers?" Mickey half yelled from the back of the group.

Dewey stayed silent.

"He had a thing with the Gale Weathers?" Mickey repeated, this time whispering it your ear.

You nodded and gave him a concerning look, "And it didn't end so well so let's drop it." You say.

"Y/n! Y/n, is that you!" Gale says as you walk through the front door, surprisingly she was without cameras but she did had somebody with her. "It's so good to see you again, how's the side? This is Cotton Weary." She says all at once.

"Hi Gale it's great to see you again too, and it's nice to meet you Cotton." You awkwardly shake his hand, the smile he returns you with isn't all to friendly.

"I just wanted to catch up a bit before turning on the cameras-"

"Yeah, Gale I don't think that's such a good idea." You say, cutting her off.

"Well we could jump straight to the cameras if you want."

"No I mean, I don't want to be on your show, it isn't a good idea. I mean these murders could have nothing to do with me, plus I just want to stay under the radar for awhile."

"Oh sweetie, if you think these murders don't have anything to do with you, you're fucking delusional." Gale laughed.

"Look I'm sorry I'm not willing to be your new top story for some cash but this could be both of our lives in danger here."

Gale scoffs. "Let's see here, I don't seem to remember you being this worried over our lives when it was Stu Macher-"

"Excuse me?"

"Or is there a chance this could still be him doing to killings-"

"You bitch!" You shout at Gale ready to throw hands before Dewey steps in between the two of you and you feel Mickey's hand around your wrist.

"Okay calm down!" Dewey shouts. "Gale I think it's time for you to leave, Mickey get her back home." He says looking at you.

"Dewey-" Gale starts.

"It's dep- shit I'm not a deputy any more." Dewey says mid sentence, he had already told you he had taken a step back just to come visit you for awhile.

Dewey escorts Gale away from the group, while all the others say their goodbyes and leave you with Mickey.

"Come on, I'll make sure you get back safely." Mickey says with a big smile, "You need a man's-"

"Oh shut up!" You laugh and push him a little.

Mickey stops walking and turns to face you. "Who knows maybe I can even stay over."