"I Owe You Nothing."

Sunday

You laughed at first but then all you could think about was Stu, how much you missed him and that he was out there somewhere waiting for you.

"Mickey... we shouldn't." You rub the back of your neck while bringing your eyes to meet his.

His eyes were filled with confusion and a bit of worry.

"Why, why shouldn't we? What's so wrong with giving in to this?" Mickey stopped in his tracks and stared back down at you, "You can't tell me you think we are just friends, you seriously can't lie to me right now and say you've never felt something between us."

"You're right I can't. I really like you Mickey, I really really like you but-"

"But you're still obsessed with that killer." Mickey scoffs cutting you off, "I can't believe this."

"What." You stare at him, almost angry that he would even talk about Stu when that's what you were going to get at anyways.

"I'm not an idiot, I can pick up on signals. I know Stu Macher wasn't just another guy, after the way I hear Randy and that chick Gale talk about him to you, you guys weren't just friends, but y/n he tried to kill you."

"Mickey you don't understand, he didn't-"

"Obviously I don't understand something, because I know how smart you are y/n, I know there's no way you would fall in love with a murderer. So there has to be something I'm not understanding here." Mickey shouts at a lower volume so no one will over hear.

"You're not understanding what type of person he was." You sigh and run your hand through you hair. "I mean God, Stu would never hurt anyone."

Mickey stares back at you, you had just confirmed everything he was curious about with that one sentence.

"Mickey-" But before you could finish, Mickey grabs you and pulls you into a kiss, you don't stop him,

"Y/n," Mickey pulls away. "Look what-"

"That was a mistake." You push him off you.

Mickey stares back at you with pure anger in his eyes. "Fuck! you need to figure your shit out. I'm just trying to keep you safe from that freak."

"He wouldn't hurt anyone Mickey!"

"Oh fuck this." Mickey scoffs and turns away, walking back to his dorm and leaving you alone.

Monday

You hadn't spoken to or ever seen Mickey the rest of the night, you just went to your normal classes and everything went normal. Until your free period that is.

You went to the library to do some research, sometimes Mickey would meet you there in this period, but that was the last thing you expected to happen today.

This whole thing with Gale bringing Cotton here really got you on edge, so you decided to do you own digging on him. Gale's book could prove him innocent times four, but it wasn't just the whole Maureen incident you found his suspicious of.

After a good hour of finding nothing on the computers you decided you had enough. There was things you needed to talk to Randy about right now anyways.

"Sorry I didn't see you-" You said as you ran into someone on your way out of the library. "Cotton?" You looked up and realized who it was you ran into. "What are you doing here?"

Before Cotton could answer he grabbed your wrist and pulls you into the stairway, a concealed part of the library.

"I could scream right now and that whole library would come running." You say as he pushes you against the wall.

"Wait, don't! Just- I'm not going to hurt you I just want to talk, please after all I was put through." Cotton says close enough to you that you could feel his breath on your cheek.

"I had no part in what you went through, I owe you nothing-"

"This isn't even about that I just want to talk." He says pretty convincingly although his hands were still around your wrist and you were backed up against the wall.

"You have thirty seconds." You sigh.

"Okay look, we are in the perfect position here to help each other get exactly what they want." He paused waiting for you to respond but when you didn't he kept going. "You want to stay under the radar and away from all this danger, and I want the fame from it."

"The fame?" You laugh. "Really, you want to get rich and famous off of these murders?"

"Look ever since the cameras followed me and the reporters titled me the 'Mysterious Killer' I can't get enough of the fame" He chuckled to himself.

The reporters did in fact go crazy over him, not to mention all the girls who wanted to be his next victim. You spent many days arguing with people back at high school for Sidney's sake

"Oh please, that was the Californian, it's not like you went world wide." You say.

"Exactly with your help, I can get world wide."

You stare back at him, "Your thirty seconds are up."

He releases his grip on you. "Think about it." He slips a card into your hand before turning out of the stairway and back into the library.

You rub your wrist and head back to you dorm room, this was a good enough excuse to skip classes for the day. Hallie would be out for a good three hours so this gave you some time to catch up on all the sleep you had been missing recently.

Stu was on your mind all the way back to your dorm, and as you were inside making yourself a snack too. It was time to start putting the clues together and trying to actually find him.

As you were about to climb into bed a knock sounded at the door.

"Are you in there?" Mickey's voice rang through.

You stayed silent.

"Look I feel like a complete asshole, and now I feel even more stupid cause you're probably not in there and I'm just speaking to an empty room. But I shouldn't have acted like I did, I'm just worried about you and I didn't even think how this whole thing was effecting you."

Mickey paused.

"I'm sorry for kissing you, that was a douche move, and I care about your feelings so I hope I didn't totally fuck up our friendship. I'm also sorry I pulled Stu into this, that was a real douche move-"

"God you're so fucking boring!" You laugh as you open the door.

"Asshole!" Mickey laughs back. "You were in there the whole time, and didn't stop this train wreck of an apology sooner!"

"No, that was really nice." You say not laughing any more. "And I'm sorry too-"

"Oh shut the fuck, there is no reason you should be apologizing right now." Mickey laughs.

"Friends?" You ask holding open your arms for a hug.

"You're so cheesy. But friends." He hugs you. "I feel like a total shitbag."

"You are, times two, but I forgive you."